Ayanna & Ashlynn at the Butler game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ayanna & Ashlynn at the Butler game

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She visited TN just because she was supporting her best friend. Her brother. Tennessee coaches got excited. Nothing to see here.
Look, to be fair, I am actually impressed with what Coach KJH has done with that program thus far. Think about it, she hasn’t really garnered any top recruits, certainly not the way Holly did but yet she has them playing team ball and winning despite losing her best player Rae Burrell for 6 weeks. Kelli seems to be focusing on chemistry and cohesion and it is working.

Now, please excuse me while I go shower as I feel yuk from having to defend that putrid Orange team from TN….

sun

Reaction Score
How does a tiny religious school way out in the middle of the country, on the border of Indiana and Michigan, have such good results recruiting NY and NJ?
Notre Dame may have the highest graduation and retention rate of any major university in the country.

Older stats show that their athletic programs had some of the highest gradation rates overall, and was 5th highest for Afro-American athletes.

Plus the name of the school has national recognition.

Reaction Score
Look, to be fair, I am actually impressed with what Coach KJH has done with that program thus far. Think about it, she hasn’t really garnered any top recruits, certainly not the way Holly did but yet she has them playing team ball and winning despite losing her best player Rae Burrell for 6 weeks. Kelli seems to be focusing on chemistry and cohesion and it is working.

Now, please excuse me while I go shower as I feel yuk from having to defend that putrid Orange team from TN….
And this has to do with Shade how? Coach Harper is doing well. It’s some of the jealous hateful ignorant fans that keep me hating that program.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Oldude....really? :rolleyes: Are we now throwing "mindset" into the locality argument?
Who cares how Boston got to Worcester, but she was there for a number of years and she was also visiting Storrs on a frequent basis (and visa versa).

ND, if you recall, was also a finalist for Ms. Boston, although I thought the Irish were a distant third (at best) behind S. Carolina and UConn with betting odds on the Huskies.

As I very much recall a lot of people were very concerned about Boston deciding to go to S. Carolina.

At the end of the day, folks make their own decisions and god knows teenagers especially so. I'll admit Patterson blowing out of Indiana stung. There's no way one just shrugs one's shoulders on Boston heading to S. Carolina. :confused:
I will acknowledge that Boston’s decision to attend SC certainly created much angst among the BY faithful. But I view her HS career at Worcester Academy much the same as Kamilla Cardoso’s HS career at Hamilton Heights Christian Academy in Chattanooga. Both were part of a growing trend that has existed for some time in MBB where talented, overseas players matriculate to the US for HS.

While UConn recruited Boston hard, and she made numerous visits to Storrs to watch games, imo, from a geographic standpoint, UConn had no more of a hometown advantage than TN had with Cardoso.

Through the years almost all of UConn’s great post players were born and raised in the Northeastern US, including Rebecca, Kara, Tina, Steph & Stewie. Unfortunately, the Huskies have been runner up more times than we care to remember with players like Wilson, Cox & Boston, none of whom necessarily grew up with UConn as their hometown dream school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom