Ayana Patterson 2022 #3 Ranked Player UConn in Final 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ayana Patterson 2022 #3 Ranked Player UConn in Final 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I doubt Niele will let her out of Indiana.
If she doesn't go to UConn, I hope she goes to UCLA. Cori's got a good program going. She just needs a few more stars to get over the hump to elite status.

Reaction Score
Yes I realize that but being from the state of Indiana I'm sure she has been to both Indiana and Notre Dame. Does anyone know if she has visited Louisville at some point, or UCLA before this recruiting blackout period happened?

I remember a picture Amari Deberry posted at some point awhile back on Instagram..I believe that had Azzi in it and a couple other highly ranked players including Ayanna and she made some sort of comment about trying to recruit them or something along those lines. Maybe Amari and Azzi were able to persuade her. Would be a huge pickup!
Her Dad Andrae played at Indiana for Bob Knight. That could be a hometown factor that’s tough to overcome.

Reaction Score
Three schools are pretty much "local." UCLA is WAY out there. Parents can make it to Connecticut for games. If she wants to get out of the neighborhood, AND play for the greatest team in America, no better way than to head for Connecticut!!!!

Homestead High School is hardly a neighborhood. It is a very wealthy area and no matter where she decides to go to school her parents would be able to afford to see her play wherever and whenever they want.

I do hope she comes here, but can't see it happening with the amount of players we have here and those that are already coming in.

Reaction Score
Is Maya Nnaji class of 2022 (#7, 6’4”F) a recruit? Is she a former HS teammate to Paige (both listed as Hopkins HS, MN)?

Reaction Score
Is Maya Nnaji class of 2022 (#7, 6’4”F) a recruit? Is she a former HS teammate to Paige (both listed as Hopkins HS, MN)?
She already came out with a top 10 list and UConn wasn't on it.

Reaction Score
Her father works for the Utah Jazz. He was also on the IU team during the Neil Reed choking incident.

Reaction Score
No, she is not a UCONN recruit but, yes, she played with Paige for at least 2 years.

Reaction Score
I can't see her at UConn or UCLA. I really dont want to see her at Louisville

Reaction Score
I’ll be very surprised if she goes anywhere but UConn. I don’t think she’s worried about not getting playing time. She knows Geno will find a way to play difference makers and she knows she is a difference maker. Also, she knows that UConn is the only one of her finalists where she will almost certainly win at least one national championship and probably two or three. This is pretty exciting! I can’t wait for the 20th!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just checked her out on ESPN and the write ups on Ayanna are impresive.

There are reports and video of her in the recruit thread. A search might be the best way to find them.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but it's gonna be ND.
Two years ago that would have been an easy call. But after two disappointing seasons in South Bend, the Golden Dome has lost much of its luster.

Patterson strikes me as a competitor who wants to play at the highest level and win. UConn, Louisville & UCLA in that order.

Reaction Score
Her Dad Andrae played at Indiana for Bob Knight. That could be a hometown factor that’s tough to overcome.
That's not her dad. Her dad, Andre Sr, played at New Mexico State in the 80's. Her older brother, Andre Jr, was recruited and played a season or two at UCLA then finished his playing career at Tennessee. Andre Sr. is from New York and played at Benjamin Franklin HS in Harlem and among his teammates was Walter Berry who starred at St. John's. Andre Sr ended his CBA career at Fort Wayne, IN and never left. So there's hope since there's a East Coast family connection!

Here's one article about the father and son, published when Ayanna may not yet have been born.

Here's an article about father and daughter, with more info on her dad, too.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She has not visited anywhere NCAA has been in recruiting blackout since April of 2020. Blackout is not visits or in person recruiting.

Yes I realize that but being from the state of Indiana I'm sure she has been to both Indiana and Notre Dame. Does anyone know if she has visited Louisville at some point, or UCLA before this recruiting blackout period happened?

I remember a picture Amari Deberry posted at some point awhile back on Instagram..I believe that had Azzi in it and a couple other highly ranked players including Ayanna and she made some sort of comment about trying to recruit them or something along those lines. Maybe Amari and Azzi were able to persuade her. Would be a huge pickup!

Coco is, of course, spot on. In my parochial mindset for Notre Dame, I've got to think the recruiting shut down/dead period rules hurt Niele and Michaela (Mike) Mabrey, ND's recruiting coordinator, in pursuits of players like Timea Gardiner (from Utah). Opening up the focus, that's true of any school that recruits on a far-flung basis.

Luckily -- in this case -- Ft. Wayne ain't Salt Lake City. Patterson has been to Notre Dame prior to the recruiting dead period. My Bench colleague, MPG (who is a season ticket holder) always kept track of who was visiting at games and he reported Ms. Patterson & family at a game.

When Niele took the HC job last year, the first three calls she made to prospects were: Olivia Miles, Sonia Citron and Ayanna Patterson. One's on campus (Miles), the other is coming (Citron) and Niele is all in on the third Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's not her dad. Her dad, Andre Sr, played at New Mexico State in the 80's. Her older brother, Andre Jr, was recruited and played a season or two at UCLA then finished his playing career at Tennessee. Andre Sr. is from New York and played at Benjamin Franklin HS in Harlem and among his teammates was Walter Berry who starred at St. John's. Andre Sr ended his CBA career at Fort Wayne, IN and never left. So there's hope since there's a East Coast family connection!

Here's one article about the father and son, published when Ayanna may not yet have been born.

Here's an article about father and daughter, with more info on her dad, too.
Thanks for the correction. Too late to delete my post.

Reaction Score
Too young at this point. If she commits now, she could easily change her mind later.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she doesn't go to UConn, I hope she goes to UCLA. Cori's got a good program going. She just needs a few more stars to get over the hump to elite status.
UCLA sure has been coming in second over the past few years. From Christyn Williams---Azzi Fudd and a whole lot in between.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’d be the happiest fan here in the yard if she verbals to UConn. Right now, I’m not feeling that “vibe.” But what do I know? I thought for sure that Aliyah Boston was coming to Storrs. I believe she was, but got kidnapped and shanghaied on the way. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom