Awful. Just awful. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Awful. Just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
You beat me to it, BB. Kelly's line was very good and what we'd hope Kelly would contribute. McBride took a lot of shots, but credit to her she made 10 of them, including some tough shots. Kelly did guard her during the game but not throughout the game.
Agreed, I was not trying to be a smarta$$ when I asked how many points she scored on Faris. I really would like to know but, unfortunately, cannot go do the work myself.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has some very good shooters...

Reaction Score
Stef is too unselfish at 1:14 they had a 3-1 fastbreak bria passed to stef 5 feet from basket, one dribble layup would have been 74-71, instead she passes back to KML who misses from 3. Can't pass up that easy a shot for a longer one no matter how good a shooter KML is.
That was horrendous. Caught the ball 5 feet from the basket and passed out to KML how was 13' away and shooting from a bad angle. She had a layup if she just continued to the basket.

Reaction Score
I'm with you tomcat...........how many times did Uconn let McBride come down in transition, one on one, one on two, one on three (UConn advantage)
and McBride fakes left, goes right and lays the ball up for a score...............whatever happened to the old saying "STOP THE BALL" I couldn't believe my eyes. No one stopped the ball. McBride was fantastic today.
Okay, the word is that McBride was Kelly's responsibility. And under most circumstances, Kelly can take care of defensive business against anyone. But it does not take a genius to see that tonight, at least -- and I suspect, most of the time -- Kelly is not going to stop McBride by herself. So -- and here's the problem -- no one thought to maybe double on her at least some of the time? No adjustment, even at the half?

All night the defense looked suspect. At one point, Doty was guarding Loyd -- tell me that speed-wise, isn't that a matchup made for ND? -- and Loyd blew by her. Then there's Mabry, who seems to be able to get loose like Houdini. No one knew what she could do? Really? She starts hitting and no one slides over?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
McBride played like an All American today...She was killing us right from the start. Diggins proved that she is an All American (she made plays and shots when ND needed them).

Dolson played an awesome game but I'm just not sure I want her in the high post in a game like this. I prefer Stewie in the high post and having Dolson working the low post...just my opinion but I think her playing the high post as much as she did in this game was a mistake. It was a very physical game and there was a lot of bumping and grabbing that didn't get called and as long as a team can get away with it they are going to keep doing it. I think Doty, Bria and KML are on the fragile side right now...they are susceptible to injury because they are still a little banged up...I hope they can all get healthy soon...and we really do need Kiah Stokes to get healthy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom