Awesome moment that encapsulates UConn bball under Hurley | The Boneyard

Awesome moment that encapsulates UConn bball under Hurley

Reaction Score
I love everything about this clip. I love what Hurley is saying and the pat on Samson's head from coach and the pat on Samson's back from Clingan are just awesome. These 15 seconds are Uconn basketball and showcase the culture this program has...

Reaction Score
I love everything about this clip. I love what Hurley is saying and the pat on Samson's head from coach and the pat on Samson's back from Clingan are just awesome. These 15 seconds are Uconn basketball and showcase the culture this program has...

The Xs and Os of basketball are not that difficult if you take the time to learn it. Figuring out how to teach skills is not particularly complex if you take the time to learn it. I don't think either even takes someone who played high school basketball to do well at the end of the day.

This piece... the motivation, the communication, the culture, everything that ISN'T directly basketball... is much more important than anything else. By far. It's the difference between being a Cooley and being a Hurley. When your team is willing to bleed on the floor for each other, and they know every coach would do the same, is when magic happens.

Reaction Score
If I were a recruit, I would love to play for the man. He just might be the best coach in college basketball.
I'm really trying to appreciate this season as much as possible because these are the great times. He has the program humming at least at the level Calhoun had it when it was at it's best. Those incredibly tough seasons at the end of our time in the AAC make me appreciate what we now have even more. We'll be losing some great UConn players after this season ends and it may be the last time we have the whole band together- Hurley, Kimani, Luke, and the consigliere Tom Moore. Take it all in because these are the good times.

Reaction Score
I'm really trying to appreciate this season as much as possible because these are the great times. He has the program humming at least at the level Calhoun had it when it was at its best. Those incredibly tough seasons at the end of our time in the AAC make me appreciate what we now have even more. We'll be losing some great UConn players after this season ends and it may be the last time we have the whole band together- Hurley, Kimani, Luke, and the consigliere Tom Moore. Take it all in because these are the good times.
Word!

Reaction Score
Dan is an easy guy to like -unless you're his opponent. He's smart-honest-straight shooter-passionate about his team/staff-authentic-a winner-and has the unique ability to laugh at himself when needed.

Great ambassador for the UConn brand. I'm sure the player's families are glad he's running the Program and looking out for their sons.

Reaction Score
I'm really trying to appreciate this season as much as possible because these are the great times. He has the program humming at least at the level Calhoun had it when it was at it's best. Those incredibly tough seasons at the end of our time in the AAC make me appreciate what we now have even more. We'll be losing some great UConn players after this season ends and it may be the last time we have the whole band together- Hurley, Kimani, Luke, and the consigliere Tom Moore. Take it all in because these are the good times.
Well expressed, my friend. A saying I've always liked, "You can recall happy times, and you can anticipate them, but it's very hard to recognize them while in progress."

Reaction Score
Samson shaking his head a bunch of times like, "Yup, let's go!," is great. Buying all in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom