Awesome Jay Bilas Quote with Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, when its coming from him it really means something. Gives me chills

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My wife overheard that little segment while I was watching SC and she turned to me and asked, straight faced, "Is a clip like that allowed on ESPN??" I love her! I was shocked when I heard that segment!

Reaction Score
Bilas has always been supportive of UConn. I get annoyed when people attack him if he happens not to pick UConn on a particular occasion. I mean he picked us in 2011 for god sakes.

It was actually pretty funny cause he was picking the title game, and he said, "Well UConn fans are gonna love me cause I'm picking Kentucky." Knowing he'd already been burned on every previous game. Can't blame a guy for being wrong as long as he's fair.

Reaction Score
utterly fantastic. I drove through campus yesterday and remember when winning the NIT championship in 1988 was a big deal and now we are the college basketball capital of the world.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
"The question isn't whether UConn belongs with the Elites. But over the past 20 years, whether the Elites belong with UConn. Storrs Connecticut is now the unquestioned capital city of college basketball."
Very cool. Mods- Can this quote be a made a permanent banner above the Basketball boards?

Reaction Score
Sportscenter had a cute clip yesterday that was a montage of 6 analysts (including Dickie V and Bilas)picking Kentucky to win the game, then at the end showed the Courant with the "BELIEVE IT!" headline, and the Sportscenter guy said "Whoops! Missed that one!".

Well on the ESPN crew, the morning of the game they asked for predictions, and I think Bilas and Greenberg said things along the lines of "I like UConns small guards to disrupt kentucky's freshman, and blah blah blah, so of course I'm going with the Wildcats to win". Seemingly playing up the fact that they had all picked against us the entire tourney and we won, so us fans wanted them to continue to pick against us and keep the mojo going. the last 2 guys who made their picks both talked all about UConn and then finished their part up by saying "so obviously, I'm going with Kentucky"

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Thank CK someone like Jay Bilas loves us. I mean without him, who is our next biggest supporter in the national media, Kenny Smith?

Reaction Score
Bilas is too good for ESPN if he's gonna bring out the truth behind the tournament ban he can pick against us every time for all I care.

Reaction Score
I can't get my post to supply the link for some reason. so you can get to it by searching youtube for "Conn-quering Basketball"

Reaction Score
I finally got this video uploaded to Youtube (since I didn't see it posted by anyone else), if anyone is still interested. This is the whole tribute. It makes me cry.

I also uploaded this one because it makes me giggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnC-I5nITgc&feature=youtu.be

"13 times UConn basketball climbed the ladder after the final game and almost got carpal tunnel syndrome from cutting the nets down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom