Avg. Basketball Attendance: Ucf 6,300 Houston 3,200 Smu 1,900 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Avg. Basketball Attendance: Ucf 6,300 Houston 3,200 Smu 1,900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I suspect that ND will not like this new monster league much at all. They know that the two playmates they value most, UConn and Louisville, are also trying to leave. The reality is that by diluting the BE basketball league with CFU, UH and SMU, we all but force ND to go elsewhere. A split, where the BE adds Xavier, Butler and St. Joes....more appealing for ND to stay independent.

By the way, if UConn and UL leave then what? There is no way in hell that the current Catholic schools want to continue with SFU, CFU, UH and SMU. They will break off. The new schools and BE FB schools with no soft landing will need to form a new league, and probably can keep the BE AQ status. This is the inevitable outcome in my opinion.

I think the bball schools will actually see the value in being in an AQ league regardless of what happens after the next TV contract. Regardless of what UConn and Louisville do, they may choose to continue on in the BE hybrid.

Reaction Score
I think the bball schools will actually see the value in being in an AQ league regardless of what happens after the next TV contract. Regardless of what UConn and Louisville do, they may choose to continue on in the BE hybrid.

They will see the value. But without UConn and LV the value would be close to zilch.

Reaction Score
The value of the Big East without one of UofL or UConn is wholly weakened.

Neinas of the Big 12 all but guaranteed the Big 12 expands. Louisville is just a team in waiting.

Once the west teams get voting rights, all bets are off. Notre Dame will not be around when that happens.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These threads are like nails on chalkboard they are so irritating.

Reaction Score
Indeed. For those who say this doesn't weaken BE basketball, I sincerely disagree. ... .
Of course it weakens basketball, but we're starting from the #1 conference. It'll still be stronger than the PAC, and probably the SEC, even in the short-run. In the longer run, the weaker schools will improve.

I really think we must break with the BB only schools ASAP.

Your post makes no sense. First you complain about BB getting weaker, then you advocate something what really would slash the strength of the conference.

Reaction Score
The numbers will go up dramatically when better competition comes to town. There's a huge difference between Houston vs UTEP and Houston vs UConn.

I've been to a game in Houston when they played Tulane. I had virtually 2 sections all to myself.
On the other hand, their banners attest to a much better period in time for them with 'Phi Slamma Jamma' and I do beleieve that with better competition, their attendance will skyrocket.

Also thought I read where they've made a commitment to enhance their football and basketball facilities.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of course it weakens basketball, but we're starting from the #1 conference. It'll still be stronger than the PAC, and probably the SEC, even in the short-run. In the longer run, the weaker schools will improve.

Your post makes no sense. First you complain about BB getting weaker, then you advocate something what really would slash the strength of the conference.

Actually my approach adds BYU and UNLV, plus Nevada to make up for the loss of Nova, Marquette and Gtown (not quite an even trade I admit but not that far off either). And while we have the same weak newcomers, we lose PC, SH and DePaul, so the overall average stength improves. Meanwhile BYU and Nevada upgrade the football status.

Reaction Score
Actually my approach adds BYU and UNLV, plus Nevada to make up for the loss of Nova, Marquette and Gtown (not quite an even trade I admit but not that far off either).

If that's an even trade to you, you've lost touch with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom