Avery Point Pointer preseason practice photo | The Boneyard

Avery Point Pointer preseason practice photo

Reaction Score
The Avery Point Pointers have started their version of spring training in southeastern Connecticut. Every year it seems The Day newspaper is on hand to snap a photo of the occasion, to remind us that college baseball is just around the corner.

Winter baseball

AR-170209656.jpg&Maxw=960&q=75

Trevor Bolduc and his fellow UConn Avery Point baseball teammates spend time throwing the ball while warming up on the lawn of the Branford House on campus during practice Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017. The team later went across campus to spend time at its batting cages. The team started practicing for the season on Jan. 23 and its first game is scheduled on Feb. 25 at Mercer County Community College in West Windsor, N.J. (Dana Jensen/The Day)

Winter baseball

Reaction Score
Seen them all running around the neighborhood this weekend, always a milestone moment during the year for us.

Reaction Score
[
I always hated that run at the end of practice!!!
Where you the guy way in front, way in the back or in the pack? I remember Roger B. when he had red hair LOL.

Reaction Score
[

Where you the guy way in front, way in the back or in the pack? I remember Roger B. when he had red hair LOL.
Lol....A few of us would sprint out in front of the pack. We knew one of the coaches would be trailing the team in his car. So, we'd get out as fast and as far as we could. If we got more then halfway through the run (If I recall it was 2.5 miles, when I played there 16 years ago) and no one was in sight, we had a cut through that cutoff a mile of the run. Unfortunately, a couple guys got caught using the cut through and Coach B was pissed. All three coaches drove the run route after that and we ran extra sprints on the hill for about a month.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom