Average Conference KENPOM ratings since 2014 (current and future memberships) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Average Conference KENPOM ratings since 2014 (current and future memberships)

Reaction Score
But the AAC was in the final four last year and the BE wasn't. How do you explain that. The major difference between the conferences is that the AAC has some very lousy teams at the bottom of the conference that kills their ratings.
You're either a spectacular troll or a dismal thinker.

Reaction Score
Unlike the idiot freescooter, I actually don’t think @Palatine is trolling or dumb here. What he said was factually correct. I don’t think anyone doubts that Cincy, Houston and Memphis are high major programs. The issue is 2 out of those 3 are now going to be gone - and UConn wasn’t getting the Big 12 lifeboat if we had stayed in the AAC. So that worked out for the best. Furthermore the dregs of the Big East are much better than the dregs of the AAC and I - and I think the vast majority of UConn fans - are more interested in playing the bad Big East teams than the bad AAC teams. Everything has worked out, given the situation

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unlike the idiot freescooter, I actually don’t think @Palatine is trolling or dumb here. What he said was factually correct. I don’t think anyone doubts that Cincy, Houston and Memphis are high major programs. The issue is 2 out of those 3 are now going to be gone - and UConn wasn’t getting the Big 12 lifeboat if we had stayed in the AAC. So that worked out for the best. Furthermore the dregs of the Big East are much better than the dregs of the AAC and I - and I think the vast majority of UConn fans - are more interested in playing the bad Big East teams than the bad AAC teams. Everything has worked out, given the situation

There is no doubt that moving on from the AAC was the right move. Taking a B12 invite if it had come in the last expansion would have been an even better move. But we are where we are. The biggest reason why the American never challenged the Pac for 5th on an extended basis was because UConn was terrible. We should have elevated the league, instead we dragged it down.

Reaction Score
I was referring to the first two sentences in his post. As @MU in MKE pointed out, the teams that happen to be in the Final 4 in a given year make no kind of statement regarding the quality of the conferences from which they hail. It's pretty common for an inferior team to advance further than it "should," and it's even more often that a top-10 team gets eliminated early. @Palatine implied that because the AAC had a team in the Final 4 while the Big East did not, the AAC is a better conference. Only an ignorant person, an unintelligent person, or a person seeking to provoke would make that implication.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that moving on from the AAC was the right move. Taking a B12 invite if it had come in the last expansion would have been an even better move. But we are where we are. The biggest reason why the American never challenged the Pac for 5th on an extended basis was because UConn was terrible. We should have elevated the league, instead we dragged it down.

that’s for sure. It became a chicken or egg issue, though. We know that other northeastern coaches were recruiting against us using the “do you really wanna play at ECU and Tulsa?” line

Reaction Score
There you go, getting your wording mixed up. @Palatine is a spectacular thinker and you are failing to properly recognize the dismal trolls that populate the BY. But I'm here to help if you need further clarification.

Reaction Score
There you go, getting your wording mixed up. @Palatine is a spectacular thinker and you are failing to properly recognize the dismal trolls that populate the BY. But I'm here to help if you need further clarification.
Well now I just have no idea what's going on. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or if you're pointing out to me that @Palatine was being sarcastic, or what! Let's leave it at this: If he was serious, I stand by my comment. If he was just jabbing at @freescooter, I am on board and apologize for the missed sarcasm.

Reaction Score
But the AAC was in the final four last year and the BE wasn't. How do you explain that. The major difference between the conferences is that the AAC has some very lousy teams at the bottom of the conference that kills their ratings.
WCC had a team in the final four as well. How do you explain that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom