Average Basketball Attendance 2015-16 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Average Basketball Attendance 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The conference is a problem for sure and it's even worse because we have zero history with anyone except marginally Temple. Throw in craptastic non conference games, the Texas Suuthern- New Hampshire types weren't too damaging when we played traditional rivals in conference but they don't draw flys and neither do Tulane et al.

On the football side I think if we are any good we'll draw pretty well. The home schedule is interesting which is what draws fans. If the team is solid who wouldn't want to see them go 3-0 in the ACC.
It would be awesome to bring a sign to BC that said " UConn: 3-0 in the ACC"

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Let's call a spade a spade here - the games on the schedule that I get most pumped up for are out of conference games. We've played some good, entertaining games against Cincinnati over the years but I still view them as 'meh' in comparison with the games we used to play (Syracuse, Nova, Georgetown, Pitt, ND...). I will never warm up to playing against Memphis, SMU, or Houston no matter how high they are ranked (if ranked). I am most excited about our game at MSG against the Fruit more than any game on our schedule and it's not close. I will end up paying hundreds of dollars to go to that single game but would not consider buying season tickets at either venue if it was the same or comparable price.

Like others on this thread have already said, the fact that we are still selling out games here and there is an absolute testament to the strength of UConn fans. UConn fans turned Orlando into "UConn Deep South" for the AAC tourney. No school came close to bringing the thousands of fans UConn did to the conference tournament. To be quite honest, I was shocked to see the Orlando arena with 90% UConn support. We are quite clearly a big fish swimming in a very very tiny puddle.
The money will be worth it to avoid ESPN pretending the 6OT game is the only game we've ever played against them throwing out the other 90 or so games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom