Avelo Airlines at Tweed | The Boneyard

Avelo Airlines at Tweed

Reaction Score
Would be awesome to fly commercial out of Tweed! Curious where their direct flights will be, but a lot of their west coast locations are near national parks and/or nature destinations.

Reaction Score
Bump.

Avelo has a 72 hour 50% off sale and they have five six Florida destinations from Tweed.

I don't know Florida much aside from going to Orlando as a kid and Palm Springs Gardens for a wedding three years ago.

Out of these locations, which would you pick for a 2-3 day trip close to the beach? Any hotels recommended?

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bump.

Avelo has a 72 hour 50% off sale and they have five six Florida destinations from Tweed.

I don't know Florida much aside from going to Orlando as a kid and Palm Springs Gardens for a wedding three years ago.

Out of these locations, which would you pick for a 2-3 day trip close to the beach? Any hotels recommended?

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach
We just did a FLL to Hollywood Beach half-week. Didn't need to rent a car, short ride from the airport and Hollywood just started a service that will take you around town for $1. You can find a reasonable place to stay on hotels.com etc. We like Villa Europa. It's a bit tired but it's practically right on the beach and has everything you need.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bump.

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

I wouldn't know where to begin. The closest of those cities, Tampa, is 7 hours from me. But, I think I'd start on the east coast with West Palm and Ft. Lauderdale. That Gold Coast is the walking dead of retirees.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was happy to see American starting a once a week between Logan and Pensacola starting in June.

Reaction Score
Bump.

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

Ft. Meyers and Lauderdale are traffic nightmares in the winter -- just overrun with people.

I'd suggest either Tampa (stay in Clearwater Beach. If you're looking for a good budget hotel Barefoot Bay is on the bay side but walkable to the beach) or West Palm (Stay on Singer Island).

Reaction Score
Bump.

• Tampa
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Fort Myers
  • Sarasota
  • West Palm Beach

Tampa Bay Area: Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater

Also road trip 1.5 hrs down to Sarasota and Siesta Key

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anyone fly Avelo yet? Booked a flight in April, guess I’ll find out soon enough!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Unless he hopped on the plane yesterday he probably hasn’t had any feedback yet lol. Nice work by PencilForest though!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Ask @Penfield ; he won a free trip at the Villanova game the other night after hitting all three shots!

Haha. We might try to take the trip in May. Kinda annoying since we have to drive down the New Haven and there are probably 4 airports closer to where I live but free is free

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Haha. We might try to take the trip in May. Kinda annoying since we have to drive down the New Haven and there are probably 4 airports closer to where I live but free is free
Great shots!

Reaction Score
Anyone fly Avelo yet? Booked a flight in April, guess I’ll find out soon enough!
No, but very excited about them expanding to Nashville, Charleston, Savannah and Myrtle Beach.

Might book Nashville for my anniversary! (Worth it?)

Reaction Score
No, but very excited about them expanding to Nashville, Charleston, Savannah and Myrtle Beach.

Might book Nashville for my anniversary! (Worth it?)
I've played the Dye course at North Myrtle Beach. The thought that I could fly there and back for less than the round itself is more than a little strange.

Reaction Score
Have any of you flown Breeze Airways yet, and live to tell about it, or not? We are looking at booking for a June trip to south carolina.

Reaction Score

Flew Avelo out of Orlando to Tweed. The seats are a little tight. It's basically one inch padding on a seat frame. Not too bad for short flights (3 hours or so). Not too sure about longer flights though. The interesting part was landing at Tweed. I'm guessing because of the short runway, the pilots have to really hit the brakes. Definitely felt the tug of the seat belt lol. It was kind of startling to me getting out of the plane onto the tarmac and seeing the plane stopped right in front of the terminal. Reminded me of that plane scene in the movie Airplane! All in all, I will be flying Avelo again. My sister lives less than 10 minutes away and sure beats having to get picked up at Bradley. Oh, and they just added TSA Pre-check to their booking process so yet another plus.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Flew Avelo out of Orlando to Tweed. The seats are a little tight. It's basically one inch padding on a seat frame. Not too bad for short flights (3 hours or so). Not too sure about longer flights though. The interesting part was landing at Tweed. I'm guessing because of the short runway, the pilots have to really hit the brakes. Definitely felt the tug of the seat belt lol. It was kind of startling to me getting out of the plane onto the tarmac and seeing the plane stopped right in front of the terminal. Reminded me of that plane scene in the movie Airplane! All in all, I will be flying Avelo again. My sister lives less than 10 minutes away and sure beats having to get picked up at Bradley. Oh, and they just added TSA Pre-check to their booking process so yet another plus.
Great feedback!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
About what I heard.

Also heard that if any issue that requires ANY type of customer service you are crap out of luck. There IS NO customer service. A friend of a family member had a flight cancelled out of tweed 6 weeks later has still not heard from ANYONE at Avelo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom