Avelo added Tuesday flight home | The Boneyard

Avelo added Tuesday flight home

Reaction Score
I just booked this flight, the Avelo website is a little wonky, it looked like my payment didn't go through but when I refreshed the page I got a confirmation number.

Reaction Score
For anyone going down (I unfortunately won't be able to) golf possibilities are endless. There is a facility in North Myrtle Beach with a Pete Dye course that I played and really enjoyed, along with a few courses of other designers as well.

And don't worry -- yes, I will donate tickets.

Reaction Score
Golf Recommendations Close to the Stadium:
1. Myrtle Beach National - Either King’s North or MBN West, both are great. The third one sucks rope.

2. Legends. There are 4 courses, I prefer Moorland, but all are solid.

3. Wild Wing. There is only (1) 18-hole course there now (used to be 4). Course is solid, but the clubhouse resembles the old B terminal and BDL.

Biz’s recommendation in North Myrtle is the “private“ Dye course at Barefoot Resort, which also has Love III, Fazio, and Norman courses. Cannot go wrong with any of them, but they are further from stadium.

I am in the minority with my peeps, but my favorite course down there is The Dunes (not to be confused with Grande Dunes) which is also in north myrtle.

Reaction Score
Damn I kinda wish I hadn't already gotten a flight.

But I am also in no rush and happy to spend the week putzing around in Myrtle Beach.

Any recs in the area for non-golfers?

Reaction Score
Still remember that the morning of the Fiesta Bowl I woke up in Scottsdale, after a frost delay (I felt like I had home course advantage!) shot my lowest round ever at a totally unmemorable course before heading to the game.

I hope everyone going has fun.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Golf Recommendations Close to the Stadium:
1. Myrtle Beach National - Either King’s North or MBN West, both are great. The third one sucks rope.

2. Legends. There are 4 courses, I prefer Moorland, but all are solid.

3. Wild Wing. There is only (1) 18-hole course there now (used to be 4). Course is solid, but the clubhouse resembles the old B terminal and BDL.

Biz’s recommendation in North Myrtle is the “private“ Dye course at Barefoot Resort, which also has Love III, Fazio, and Norman courses. Cannot go wrong with any of them, but they are further from stadium.

I am in the minority with my peeps, but my favorite course down there is The Dunes (not to be confused with Grande Dunes) which is also in north myrtle.
I played 2 of the Legends courses years ago. They were beautiful, and I got to take in the scenery for hours....in the sand traps. I wasn't planning on visiting the beach. But I did. A lot.

Reaction Score

1670283204237.png

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Anybody have parking recommendations for Tweed?

Reaction Score
Tweed New Haven website says parking is limited and warns travelers headed to the airport to check parking availability ahead of time. Has anyone familiar with Tweed ever experienced a problem parking there on a Saturday or Sunday?

Reaction Score
Tweed New Haven website says parking is limited and warns travelers headed to the airport to check parking availability ahead of time. Has anyone familiar with Tweed ever experienced a problem parking there on a Saturday or Sunday?
I’ve been in and out of Tweed half a dozen times since Avelo started flying and haven’t had issues.

There are alternatives out there tho’: Tweed New Haven Airport, Park New Haven, and City of New Haven Announce New ‘Park and Ride’ Collaboration - Park New Haven

Reaction Score
For those who haven’t flown Avelo there are a couple of threads here:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom