Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Mine is an actual Coke bottle that I had. I switched to that avatar when we were non-stop discussing re-alignment and key and non-key tweets. States my preference for the Big Ten conference as opposed to the ACC.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty obvious. Arsenal are my favorite football team. Actually my favorite team of any sport. My avatar is their shield.

Only team to ever complete a Premier League season undefeated.

(granted the resent seasons have not been too kind, but they are still and always will be my team)

Also my avatar never changes, and I think kinda stands out, so people always know who they are talking to on here.

hi-res-50841380-arsenal-players-celebrate-winning-the-premiership-during_crop_exact.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Interesting reading here. Some of these avatars are a little obscure on their face. :confused: However, once you know the history or meaning behind them, they make perfect sense. :)

My avatar of choice is Carnac the Magnificent. That venerable sage from the East (in my case, from the west). Johnny Carson played several continuing characters on sketches during the Tonight show's 30 seasons. Carnac was my favorite. Some of his other characters included:
  • Art Fern was the "Tea Time Movie" announcer whose theme song was "Hooray for Hollywood". Carson once admitted on camera that this was his favorite character.
  • Carnac the Magnificent, a turbaned psychic, could answer questions before seeing them. Carnac had a trademark entrance in which he always turned the wrong direction when coming onstage and then tripped on the step up to Carson's desk. (In one episode, technicians rigged Carson's desk to fall apart when Carnac fell into it.) These comedic missteps were an indication of Carnac's true prescient abilities. McMahon would hand Carson a series of envelopes containing questions, said to have been "hermetically sealed and kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls' porch since noon today."
  • Floyd R. Turbo American (with no pause between words) was a stereotypical common working man, wearing a plaid hunting coat and cap, who offered "editorial responses" to left-leaning causes or news events.
  • Aunt Blabby, a cantankerous and sometimes amorous old lady, was invariably interviewed by straight man Ed McMahon about elder affairs.
  • El Mouldo, a mentalist, would attempt to perform mind-reading and mind-over-matter feats, all of which failed.
  • The Maharishi, whose theme song was "Song of India", was a frizzy-haired "holy man" who spoke in a high-pitched, tranquil tone, greeted announcer McMahon with a flower, and answered philosophical questions. This was a take-off on Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
I wanted an avatar that was unique, yet one that needed no explanation. I figured I could have some fun with a Carnac persona. As a "seer", I can step out on a limb from time to time and make some predictions. I was a big fan of the Tonight Show during the Carson years (1962–1992).

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
My avatar is a picture of two of the members of the vocal group in which I perform. We were performing at a well known night spot in St. Louis, DeJa Vu II Cafe. We are called Nostalgia because we sing songs from the past. That is me on the right.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Interesting reading here. Some of these avatars are a little obscure on their face. :confused: However, once you know the history or meaning behind them, they make perfect sense. :)

My avatar of choice is Carnac the Magnificent. That venerable sage from the East (in my case, from the west). Johnny Carson played several continuing characters on sketches during the Tonight show's 30 seasons. Carnac was my favorite. Some of his other characters included:
  • Art Fern was the "Tea Time Movie" announcer whose theme song was "Hooray for Hollywood". Carson once admitted on camera that this was his favorite character.
  • Carnac the Magnificent, a turbaned psychic, could answer questions before seeing them. Carnac had a trademark entrance in which he always turned the wrong direction when coming onstage and then tripped on the step up to Carson's desk. (In one episode, technicians rigged Carson's desk to fall apart when Carnac fell into it.) These comedic missteps were an indication of Carnac's true prescient abilities. McMahon would hand Carson a series of envelopes containing questions, said to have been "hermetically sealed and kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnalls' porch since noon today."
  • Floyd R. Turbo American (with no pause between words) was a stereotypical common working man, wearing a plaid hunting coat and cap, who offered "editorial responses" to left-leaning causes or news events.
  • Aunt Blabby, a cantankerous and sometimes amorous old lady, was invariably interviewed by straight man Ed McMahon about elder affairs.
  • El Mouldo, a mentalist, would attempt to perform mind-reading and mind-over-matter feats, all of which failed.
  • The Maharishi, whose theme song was "Song of India", was a frizzy-haired "holy man" who spoke in a high-pitched, tranquil tone, greeted announcer McMahon with a flower, and answered philosophical questions. This was a take-off on Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
I wanted an avatar that was unique, yet one that needed no explanation. I figured I could have some fun with a Carnac persona. As a "seer", I can step out on a limb from time to time and make some predictions. I was a big fan of the Tonight Show during the Carson years (1962–1992).

Ed McMahon: "Shrimp cocktail"
Carnac: "Name a drink for Mickey Rooney."

Ed McMahon: "UCLA"
Carnac: "What happens when the smog lifts?"

I think the Carnac routines were second only to the Tea Time Movie segments but both were terrific. Thanks and cut off your Slauson, @Carnac.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom