Autumn Chassion 8/10 media interview | The Boneyard

Autumn Chassion 8/10 media interview

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Wow. Impressive young woman. Simple, realistic goals: make the rotation, get into med school, win four national championships. :p Best of luck to her on all counts!

Love the chatter about Evina from both Nika and Autumn (and Geno)... she sounds like everything Geno wants in a player and leader. I don't know what was going on at that other school but they truly blew it. Evina's going to tear it up this season. There HAS to be a season. I need to see this team play.

Reaction Score
I thought I read her parents are well off and can afford the tuition..though she might use coupons at the Dairy Bar...:p

Must be very well off to turn down a Princeton scholarship worth $200+

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Must be very well off to turn down a Princeton scholarship worth $200+
We know that some Ivies looked at Autumn, but we don't know if she had admission to Princeton or not. If she had a scholarship from the Ivies, it would have been based on need, not basketball. I doubt she had a $200K scholarship from Princeton. We also don't know what kind of scholarship, if any, she has from UConn. My guess is that she got a decent academic scholarship. I also think Geno will convert her to a basketball scholarship in time.

Reaction Score
I thought I read her parents are well off and can afford the tuition..though she might use coupons at the Dairy Bar...:p
We know that some Ivies looked at Autumn, but we don't know if she had admission to Princeton or not. If she had a scholarship from the Ivies, it would have been based on need, not basketball. I doubt she had a $200K scholarship from Princeton. We also don't know what kind of scholarship, if any, she has from UConn. My guess is that she got a decent academic scholarship. I also think Geno will convert her to a basketball scholarship in time.
Ivy League schools do not give athletic scholarships but all students are eligible for financial aid. Competition to get into an Ivy is fierce and being a jock helps separate you from the thousands of other four point gpa applicants. When applying Ivies don't ask if you can afford the school. Only after you are accepted is this checked. Lower income families (under $65,000) might get a complete tuition waiver thanks to these schools endowments, others with higer incomes could see reduced tuition. Girls who played softball with my daughter were recruited successfully by Harvard and Princeton and they came from middle class families.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom