Auriemma's loss? | The Boneyard

Auriemma's loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Looksd like Muffett owns Geno even better than he owned Pat.

IMO his first half game plan with Dolson hi and Stewart lo was a huge mistake. Stewart wasn't getting it done and it wasn't working until Mosqueda - Lewis replaced her in the low post that it started to work. I doubt if Dolson spent more than a minute of the first half within 15' of the basket. I gotta' believe that was all Geno.

Reaction Score
Looksd like Muffett owns Geno even better than he owned Pat.

IMO his first half game plan with Dolson hi and Stewart lo was a huge mistake. Stewart wasn't getting it done and it wasn't working until Mosqueda - Lewis replaced her in the low post that it started to work. I doubt if Dolson spent more than a minute of the first half within 15' of the basket. I gotta' believe that was all Geno.
I'm inclined to agree. Until UConn proves otherwise, this is just one of those matchups that never seems to work out.

Reaction Score
How many pick and rolls did ND run and both our guys stayed with the ball and let the other guy go to the basket for an easy hoop......that is basic defense. Our guys played like it was the first time they had seen a pick and roll.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wasn't Geno's loss, Team didn't score in last 2:28 of the game and they had wide open looks. Couldn't get to the line like ND did even though they were in the bonus. Had their chances, KML has to feel that she cost her team the win as she had wide open looks.

IMHO ND's freshmen had more impact on the game, then Moriah, Morgan and Breanna.

Reaction Score
Anyone have Stewart's stats? Shots made/missed?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Had their chances, KML has to feel that she cost her team the win as she had wide open looks.
I call foul on this. Stef, Kelly and Kaleena are the ones that kept UConn in the game in the first place. And it's hard to shoot with a gimpy wheel.

Hey, Mary Murphy, you idiot, Kaleena is a SOPHOMORE.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Geno's loss, Team didn't score in last 2:28 of the game and they had wide open looks. Couldn't get to the line like ND did even though they were in the bonus. Had their chances, KML has to feel that she cost her team the win as she had wide open looks.

IMHO ND's freshmen had more impact on the game, then Moriah, Morgan and Breanna.

Kaleena didn't cost UConn the game. How many missed layups were there? I would say at least eight. Having her in foul trouble really hurt. Live and learn. Last game of the year at ND. Time to get to work.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Look, she was shooting HURT. Not fair to fault her for the end....

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Had their chances, KML has to feel that she cost her team the win as she had wide open looks.
That's just wrong. Win some, lose some...but I'll take my chances with Kaleena as my primary shot option any day. This was a total team loss today, to a team that wanted it more than us and executed better than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom