Auriemma owns this one. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Auriemma owns this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If Warren Buffett bought a company and it failed then he screwed up didn't he? It doesn't matter that he may have been right the last 99 times.

But it doesn't mean it was the wrong move. And saying so after it fails would be second guessing.

Reaction Score
If Warren Buffett bought a company and it failed then he screwed up didn't he? It doesn't matter that he may have been right the last 99 times.
My point was "offering advice". It seems our "watching" (but not doing) somehow qualifies us to "offer advice" such as "Dolson is being used incorrectly". I don't quite get it.
To me it seems completely appropriate for the team to set PERFECTION as it's goal, but it's entirely unreasonable for fans to demand attainment of that standard. I've seen a whole lot of excellence on display with this team all year - even in all three losses.
Lastly - doesn't the coach always own every loss? What loss would you say the coach doesn't own? This even applies in pro sports though there it is not only coach but also GM and owner.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
My point was "offering advice". It seems our "watching" (but not doing) somehow qualifies us to "offer advice" such as "Dolson is being used incorrectly". I don't quite get it.
To me it seems completely appropriate for the team to set PERFECTION as it's goal, but it's entirely unreasonable for fans to demand attainment of that standard. I've seen a whole lot of excellence on display with this team all year - even in all three losses.
Lastly - doesn't the coach always own every loss? What loss would you say the coach doesn't own? This even applies in pro sports though there it is not only coach but also GM and owner.

I'd add something, but you said it perfectly.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What were the noises he made that he's not completely connected? Cites would be appreciated.

To answer your first query and without going through the record, there was that strange discussion of him going easy with the team (which lasted a few minutes into a game), there was a half-time interview in which he admitted befuddlement over what the team was doing and there was the bizarre Stewie quote which sounded to me like; I've done the best I can, figure it out yourself, we give up.

With regard the underclassmen, we can only observe and judge results. It doesn't advance the argument to raise rhetorical questions about being at practices et al. How can anyone answer that? But one answer...play them and don't yank, especially during the many games that are scrimmages.

OK, here's the big question: How can the staff have let what was clearly the best BB talent coming out of HS and who started like hellz a poppin, get to the state she's in. Is that my fault, nobodies fault?

I'll cut him a little slack (just a little) with Kiah, not Stewie.

Wait, he'll own up to his shortcomings this season, soon.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Well said. I would simply add that it is also entirely unreasonable if not arrogant for fans to think the team could attain perfection if only they were in charge, not Geno. I don't quite get that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
msf22b, Your posts are too difficult to comprehend. Whatever button you hit makes it very difficult to read the words and impossible to respond to by hitting the reply button.

What you've written makes little sense anyway.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maybe. They'll likely have a better connection than Stewart and Dolson. Tuck knows what's going on out there. Watching Stewart running around aimlessly on offense last night was enough to make me want to pull my hair out. You could see Stefanie's frustration as she's trying to figure out what Stewart is doing and where's she's going.

I've also seen Tuck push Stewie with her hand to guide her to the correct spot on more than one occasion.

Having said that, I'm still hopeful that Stewie can play through the rough patches because we really need her contributions. Obviously if her night is turning into a complete cluster** then yeah, sit her down.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I've also seen Tuck push Stewie with her hand to guide her to the correct spot on more than one occasion.

Having said that, I'm still hopeful that Stewie can play through the rough patches because we really need her contributions. Obviously if her night is turning into a complete cluster** then yeah, sit her down.

I'm in favor of letting her play through it because I still believe in the upside (though I don't like that word). It's just that she has to figure out a way to score more than 5 points in 40 minutes. If Tuck can figure it out, Stewart can too. No time like the present!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm in favor of letting her play through it because I still believe in the upside (though I don't like that word). It's just that she has to figure out a way to score more than 5 points in 40 minutes. If Tuck can figure it out, Stewart can too. No time like the present!

Yep - I said in a post last week that when you have that much talent (Stewie), part of the beauty is that you're never *that* far away from making great plays! If you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom