Auriemma on Collier: | The Boneyard

Auriemma on Collier:

Reaction Score
"Pheesa doesn't know any of our plays. She's just runs around, catches it and knows where the basket is. She doesn't know any plays. Maybe she knows ‘South Pacific’ or ‘Man of La Mancha.’ Maybe she knows those two plays."

Classic Geno!:D:p:cool:

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This shameless comic will say anything for a laugh. This is the same guy who has said you only have to tell Pheesa something once. But, of course, there are all the wonderful imitations of Geno in practice: "PHEESA!" Yes, this is a classic, well worth repeating.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
She was moving beautifully last night around the hoop, very efficient, and like Gabby totally comfortable using her left inside. She seemed to have a quickness and bounce that for whatever reason was not always easy to discern at times earlier this year. Another good sign as UConn moves forward.

If those are her plays of choice, what about Walker and Coombs? Les Miserables?

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Collier vs ECU.jpeg

Napheesa's stats through the Tulane game. Having another great season...:)

Points - 426 (#1 on the team)
Rebounds - 204 (#2)
Blocked shots - 52 (#1)
Assists - 85 (#4 to KLS by one assist)
Steals - 48 (#2)
Shooting % - 62.4% (inside the arc)
3 pt shooting - 34.7% (17-49)

Pheesa has started all 27 games and averaged 28.7 minutes per contest. Geno can pencil in 15 pts and 8 rebounds every game, but there is so much more to her game. Her defense and shot blocking are catching up to her offensive skills. :cool:

Go Huskies..!!

HGN

Reaction Score
This shameless comic will say anything for a laugh. This is the same guy who has said you only have to tell Pheesa something once. But, of course, there are all the wonderful imitations of Geno in practice: "PHEESA!" Yes, this is a classic, well worth repeating.
RockyMT , I do remember him making the statement that you only have to tell Pheesa one time......And she's got it. So maybe he hasn't told her any other plays since then. So
she doesn't know any of the plays now. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Pheesa doesn't know any of our plays. She's just runs around, catches it and knows where the basket is. She doesn't know any plays. Maybe she knows ‘South Pacific’ or ‘Man of La Mancha.’ Maybe she knows those two plays."

RockyMT , I do remember him making the statement that you only have to tell Pheesa one time.And she's got it. So maybe he hasn't told her any other plays since then. So

According to Geno, Moore couldn't run a read/react offense either. Things seem to work out ok. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
RockyMT , I do remember him making the statement that you only have to tell Pheesa one time.And she's got it. So maybe he hasn't told her any other plays since then. So

ROFLMAO! I guess he figures she'll just pick it up.

Reaction Score
View attachment 28784

Napheesa's stats through the Tulane game. Having another great season...:)

Points - 426 (#1 on the team)
Rebounds - 204 (#2)
Blocked shots - 52 (#1)
Assists - 85 (#4 to KLS by one assist)
Steals - 48 (#2)
Shooting % - 62.4% (inside the arc)
3 pt shooting - 34.7% (17-49)

Pheesa has started all 27 games and averaged 28.7 minutes per contest. Geno can pencil in 15 pts and 8 rebounds every game, but there is so much more to her game. Her defense and shot blocking are catching up to her offensive skills. :cool:

Go Huskies..!!

I remember when you guys were saying there's something wrong with her. That she just wasn't the same. Looks pretty good to me! :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I remember when you guys were saying there's something wrong with her. That she just wasn't the same. Looks pretty good to me! :cool:

Well, that is a pretty broad brush ... "you guys were saying", but in fairness to those who did raise questions, Geno has said that earlier in the year Phee's confidence was shaken because her shooting % was down from her insane Soph. run and Kara has mentioned that Phee was struggling a bit with how she and Z could occupy the inside together. I'd say she's in a pretty good place right now.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I liked his comment last week, contrasting Pheesa with Azura: "We never have to tell Pheesa to ask for the ball. That's all she ever wants. With Z, we have to tell her to go to a certain spot so we can throw her the ball."

I do notice that sometimes her behavior on offense seems out of character for such a laid-back personality. When she gets a little bit of an opening, she waves her arms frantically asking for the ball, like she is releasing her inner Randy Moss.

Reaction Score

That is so friggin funny!

Reaction Score
During one of the NCAA tournaments, ESPN has a short drop-in piece with the players (Maya, maybe Renee & Tina) impressions of Geno coaching. That was priceless. Cant seem to find it.

Reaction Score
During one of the NCAA tournaments, ESPN has a short drop-in piece with the players (Maya, maybe Renee & Tina) impressions of Geno coaching. That was priceless. Cant seem to find it.
see above!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Some of our posters will probably think,
1) This is why he's not playing Meg enough and

2) Him being so flippant will probably keep new recruits from signing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom