August, re. Fishing | The Boneyard

August, re. Fishing

Reaction Score
You been doing any with your dad? Having a good year?
Getting alot of shorts so far except porgies.
South of Fisher's been spotty also. Seen draggers out of New London working areas where I live. My cousin has been going to your neck of the water for sea bass from Groton. He pays for the privilege of taking smaller fish though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You been doing any with your dad? Having a good year?
Getting alot of shorts so far except porgies.
South of Fisher's been spotty also. Seen draggers out of New London working areas where I live. My cousin has been going to your neck of the water for sea bass from Groton. He pays for the privilege of taking smaller fish though.
Havent been out at all yet. Crazy times.

A few weeks and I hope the big stripers are running between the river and westbrook/clinton.

Fish the moon around turn of month.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My recent surgically induced hiatus from fishing has kept me off the water since late May, but my regular fishing partners have been keeping me apprised of the state of the fishery. Bunker are much, much more numerous than last year, as are bluefish, which would be expected. The topwater striper fishery in the CTR has lasted much longer than the last two seasons, but is tailing off now. Niantic area has been slower for stripers than last year, so far. Bottom fishing -- sea bass, tautog and fluke -- seems to be lots of fish, but poor as far as size is concerned.

Hoping to get clearance from the surgeon to get out on the water myself when I visit him tomorrow. Clearance from my wife might still be a few more days away.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom