Aug. 28, 2014: BYU at UConn | The Boneyard

Aug. 28, 2014: BYU at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Next game on the schedule.

This is where a defensive-minded coach could come in handy. BYU traditional offensive juggernaut, absolutely housed Texas this year, 13th in total offense.

Reaction Score
Thursday night game again to start the season. That should be fun. Cochran and Newsome taking on the Cougs

Reaction Score
That's true. When BYU plays no alcohol can be sold.

Reaction Score
That's true. When BYU plays no alcohol can be sold.
You'd think that members of the Latter Day Saints Church would have some degree of self control & be able to just ignore the sales of alcoholic beverages. What happens if they go out to dinner at a full service restaurant? How can opponents be coerced into signing a contract that no alcohol will be served?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

This is where a defensive-minded coach could come in handy. BYU traditional offensive juggernaut, absolutely housed Texas this year, 13th in total offense.
Or you can out score them - just another option

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We can see the field from the gates no? Maybe we just stand in lot and party

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You'd think that members of the Latter Day Saints Church would have some degree of self control & be able to just ignore the sales of alcoholic beverages. What happens if they go out to dinner at a full service restaurant? How can opponents be coerced into signing a contract that no alcohol will be served?

I think a few posters are teasing you.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
They are tugging your chain coach. Rest assured you will be able to drink your fill of beer as you always have as I did at the BYU game at Mackay Stadium in Reno last weekend.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They are tugging your chain coach. Rest assured you will be able to drink your fill of beer as you always have as I did at the BYU game at Mackay Stadium in Reno last weekend.
Just because you were able to do it in Reno doesn't mean anything. Rules seldom mean anything in Reno!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This will be a really fun game. First game with our new head coach. Some actual promise that we have one or two decent QB's. A traditional football power coming to the Rent. Their fans will come in force. My mormon high school friends were all BYU fans/followers so I'm guessing this game will draw mormons from New England and NY who have never (or rarely) seen their team play.

Reaction Score

Please NO. Let's out score them. 49-48. Then watch the excitement for UConn begin. Let's beat them in a scoring-fest not some 1960's 17-14 dud.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Please NO. Let's out score them. 49-48. Then watch the excitement for UConn begin. Let's beat them in a scoring-fest not some 1960's 17-14 dud.
TDH, if you could choose either of the following outocomes:

A) - We win 10-7 with our TD coming on a pick six
B) - We lose 55-42

Which would you choose?

Reaction Score

We're agreed that the B10 champ game was pretty entertaining, right? Like those Mich State 4th down stops? Read this. Narduzzi 1, Meyer 0.

Reaction Score
TDH, if you could choose either of the following outocomes:

A) - We win 10-7 with our TD coming on a pick six
B) - We lose 55-42

Which would you choose?

Dumb question, my friend. The real question should be can you consistently win without an offense that can put up a lot of point on offense. You can win 1-0 in baseball with a walk, stolen base, sacrifice bunt and a balk to score your run. But I'd rather not have my pitcher needing to throw a shutout to pull it off.

College football today is all about offense. Heck Auburn will be playing for the NC and it gave up 42 points on Saturday. Not the sixties anymore, today it's all about scoring points.

Reaction Score
Dumb question, my friend. The real question should be can you consistently win without an offense that can put up a lot of point on offense. You can win 1-0 in baseball with a walk, stolen base, sacrifice bunt and a balk to score your run. But I'd rather not have my pitcher needing to throw a shutout to pull it off.

College football today is all about offense. Heck Auburn will be playing for the NC and it gave up 42 points on Saturday. Not the sixties anymore, today it's all about scoring points.

Forever we've been watching other teams spread the field and put up points at a level that boggled the mind. That has changed the last 2 1/2 games. On 4th and 1 we throw for a TD. I was sitting there trying to figure out which side we'd run towards. The change that you have to credit TJ and Day for has been dramatic. If we can combine a modern offense with our traditionaly strong defense we will be in a very good place.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

Nice way to avoid answering. An equally important question (to counter your real question) is can you consistently win if your defense cannot stop anyone?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Back to the original point it's a very good way to start the season.

Home game against a traditional team with plenty of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom