Audi/VW Shops | The Boneyard

Audi/VW Shops

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Anyone know of any good Audi mechanics in the Greater Hartford or New Haven area?

My clutch is slipping and not disengaging I think I need a new pressure plate/clutch assembly. Preferably not Caposi’s in New Britain.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
Clutches aren't really a vehicle-specific kind of fix. They're pretty basic, just require some time and the tools to do it. Get a quote from a couple shops near you and you'll be good to go. Might take a couple days if they're busy.

My brother owns a German car repair place. He does what every other mechanic does and gets to charge twice as much because he has "special training" (that he learned in prison, lol)

Reaction Score
This thread brings back memories. I remember having my guy do a thorough check up on my A8 before I turned it in and on my way to the dealership, like clockwork, the check engine light popped on. A perfect end to a dysfunctional relationship.
I had a love hate relationship with my A4

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
there's a guy in West Haven, his name is sam. his shop is called Budget Transmission. he is some kind of human perpetual motion machine, and his garage reflects it. maybe ten bays, all filled with an army of mechanics, just gettin it done. no bs, and he and his place have all the accolades- bbb, chamber of commerce, etc, etc. can't say if they do audi, but my guess is that they can do anything. anything automotive.
just don't expect that eurocrap 'experience' with triple mocca lattes, soft music and foot massages in the waiting area, and the mechanics walking around in lab coats.
he also owns the carwash next door, so it's an easy shakedown of them to ask 'hey, can i get free wash?' talk to sam. talk only to sam. it's his empire, he's proud of it, and will give you his personal cell number to make certain that you get answers. really quite impressive.
last spring, i got stuck for a bit with a newer benz s420. my local rep almost got shattered -out of character. popped into the fairdale benz repair factory cuz i noticed that a wiper blade was sketchy. after way too long of 'rheinheitzgebolt' at the desk, they informed me that the 'assembly' (it's a freakin piece of rubber!') would be $186, but they won't have it for a week or so. 'u be trippin!' blew that cabbage factory, hit up a bud at advanced auto, bought two windshield wiper blades for around $35. in stock, and in ten minutes, on the car. anyone else ever notice that to get to that benz ripoff place, you literally drive on a bridge across what seems like a moat? u kind of expect two guys dressed in armour, on horses, standing at the entrance. protecting the cashbox, i guess.
kinda wanted to park that car on a field, and light it on fire (seriously, how much electronic/screens/buttons crap do youse need to feel special?), but i didn't since my cuz who owns it, specifically asked me to 'not light it on fire' the first time i realize that i need an online tutorial to make anything work. and i ain't gettin on no plane back to deutschland to learn how to adjust the bass on the sound system.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
there's a guy in West Haven, his name is sam. his shop is called Budget Transmission. he is some kind of human perpetual motion machine, and his garage reflects it. maybe ten bays, all filled with an army of mechanics, just gettin it done. no bs, and he and his place have all the accolades- bbb, chamber of commerce, etc, etc. can't say if they do audi, but my guess is that they can do anything. anything automotive.
just don't expect that eurocrap 'experience' with triple mocca lattes, soft music and foot massages in the waiting area, and the mechanics walking around in lab coats.

he also owns the carwash next door, so it's an easy shakedown of them to ask 'hey, can i get free wash?' talk to sam. talk only to sam. it's his empire, he's proud of it, and will give you his personal cell number to make certain that you get answers. really quite impressive.
last spring, i got stuck for a bit with a newer benz s420. my local rep almost got shattered -out of character. popped into the fairdale benz repair factory cuz i noticed that a wiper blade was sketchy. after way too long of 'rheinheitzgebolt' at the desk, they informed me that the 'assembly' (it's a freakin piece of rubber!') would be $186, but they won't have it for a week or so. 'u be trippin!' blew that cabbage factory, hit up a bud at advanced auto, bought two windshield wiper blades for around $35. in stock, and in ten minutes, on the car. anyone else ever notice that to get to that benz ripoff place, you literally drive on a bridge across what seems like a moat? u kind of expect two guys dressed in armour, on horses, standing at the entrance. protecting the cashbox, i guess.
kinda wanted to park that car on a field, and light it on fire (seriously, how much electronic/screens/buttons crap do youse need to feel special?), but i didn't since my cuz who owns it, specifically asked me to 'not light it on fire' the first time i realize that i need an online tutorial to make anything work. and i ain't gettin on no plane back to deutschland to learn how to adjust the bass on the sound system.
Absolutely hilarious Clif ! Well done!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Absolutely hilarious Clif ! Well done!
i really, really, really, do not like that tire tpms sensor hokum. really. seriously, it's a tire. if you can't feel something not right, or are too blind to not notice that it's down a few pounds, u got problems, and having your 'tire assembly' needing computer chips to work ain't gonna fix that.
why, if you're a particularly nervous sort, you can buy a 5 dollar tire gauge, and check it to your hearts delight, tho, it does require bending down. u might put ur back out, so there is that.
my neck works very fine, thank you very much, and turning it backwards when i need to go in that direction is not an issue. look at a screen to do that? only if it's playing bugs bunny cartoons.
the number of people that i know who yammer on aboot their heated and massage seats makes me think 'who are you?' and, 'ur prolly gonna die from a bee sting.'
i thought that 'facial recognition for entrance' car that i saw on a tv
commercial recently, signifies the end of life on planet earth as we know it. im pretty sure that everyone is not suffering from carpal tunnel issues.
what's next, a lidar system to parallel park? mebbe if ur car didn't cost a hundred k, such insanity wouldn't enter ur brain. gawd forbid u bump ur headlight into something. that 'lighting assembly' repair could cost a months rent, or more.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I've owned a lot of Audis and BMWs and while they're a lot better than they used to be they're still not as reliable as the Japanese luxury brands. Owning them made me realize why the Japanese started Lexus, Infinity, Acura, etc. in the first place.
coming from a long family tradition of car stuff, dealerships, repair garages, heck, even one of the first bmw places in Westchester (more irony), great grand whoever sold fords in the big one, ww2, and ol henry antisemite ford personally, in a nyc dinner, gave him a diamond tie clip for selling a lot. pretty funny, if you think aboot it. even funnier, it was a 'ford' family for a long time, till a bunch of us started buying chevy trucks way back when, cuz they ride softer, more civilized than a ford truck. mebbe a touch less reliable, but, who cares? smooth.
a fair view of the stuff on offer today, absolutely concludes that toyota makes the best, up and down the lineup, being so smart that many of their choices come standard with Firestone Destination LE's - the best tire value on earth. i think it's numero uno for volume here, too.
anyway, still not buying any toyotas. don't need to. i mean, i got three (now 4! elon!) choices - chevy, ford, and chrysler. that's plenty.

Reaction Score
Swedes too. The guy who used to work on my Saab used to say Saabs were like mistresses. You've got to pay them a ton of money to keep them happy or they'll ruin your life. Checks out.
I’m on my third Saab. Thought the early models were very well designed cars. I’d go to fix something and think..it’s not like US cars what were they thinking..then I’d be like wow that was smart. Haven’t had many issues with any of them, even when GM owned them. Have an 07 convertible that I’ll keep on the road as long as I can get parts

Reaction Score
I've owned a lot of Audis and BMWs and while they're a lot better than they used to be they're still not as reliable as the Japanese luxury brands. Owning them made me realize why the Japanese started Lexus, Infinity, Acura, etc. in the first place.
I would add Koreans to the list too

Reaction Score
Valley Imported Auto Inc of canton was great with my A4 for years
Second these guys. Bill and Pete are fantastic and have taken care of my family's VWs for 20+ years. My daughter currently drives a 2007 Passat 4-motion wagon and they see it a few times a year. Never going to gouge you for work performed and won't perform work that isn't needed. They also regularly maintain my Mom's Nissan Maxima.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom