Auburn | The Boneyard

Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not much else to do in that neck of the woods. the Catfish must not have been biting.

Reaction Score
83,000 yesterday.

It was also the last rolling of Toomer's Corner. More came for that tradition than for the actual game..

Incredibly passionate fans...

toomer.jpg

Reaction Score
Louisville had 33K at theirs last weekend. Plenty for them to cheer about lately.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Temple, the pride of the AAC!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Louisville had 33K at theirs last weekend. Plenty for them to cheer about lately.
Didn't Louisville have $1 beer? I'm sure that helped but dunno if we'd even come close to 10K if we had a similar promotion

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Not much else to do in that neck of the woods. the Catfish must not have been biting.
What was there to do in CT that took away everyone from attending the Spring Game? Let's just face reality here....outside of people on this board and a few hundred others, no one really cares about UConn football. Students and recent alumni see it as a chance to drink openly in the parking lot and then they stumble into the game, sometimes. At this point, we're a 10 year old D-1A football program that needs to continue to win and garner support. Yesterday's promoting of the game and everything I've heard from the experiences people here had, doesn't make it sound like much was done to make that perception change....the marketing department needs to step it up and that's the bottom line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't Louisville have $1 beer? I'm sure that helped but dunno if we'd even come close to 10K if we had a similar promotion

Cheap beer at a Rent spring game is a bit pointless. You can park 2 feet away and walk back and forth as much as you'd like for 'free beer' if the price is really an issue.

Reaction Score
$1 beers would be a good promotion at the end of the year against Memphis, especially if the season is in the tank by then. get people in your ballpark.

Reaction Score
Cheap beer at a Rent spring game is a bit pointless. You can park 2 feet away and walk back and forth as much as you'd like for 'free beer' if the price is really an issue.
The issue is it shouldn't be that easy. If 10-15000 people show up. It would become to long of a walk

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The issue is it shouldn't be that easy. If 10-15000 people show up. It would become to long of a walk

Our underrated aspect is parking. At 10k you barely notice.

Reaction Score
Sad to say, but even after a decade of football at the Rent, the majority of sports fans in CT probably aren't aware that UConn even has a spring football game, let alone attend.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sad to say, but even after a decade of football at the Rent, the majority of sports fans in CT probably aren't aware that UConn even has a spring football game, let alone attend.

It's much sadder that 5 years ago spring game attendance was double yesterday.

Reaction Score
What was there to do in CT that took away everyone from attending the Spring Game? Let's just face reality here....outside of people on this board and a few hundred others, no one really cares about UConn football. Students and recent alumni see it as a chance to drink openly in the parking lot and then they stumble into the game, sometimes. At this point, we're a 10 year old D-1A football program that needs to continue to win and garner support. Yesterday's promoting of the game and everything I've heard from the experiences people here had, doesn't make it sound like much was done to make that perception change....the marketing department needs to step it up and that's the bottom line.
I somewhat disagree. If they win 8 games or more every year and show some progress, people will develop an interest and start coming in larger numbers. Because here in CT we don't even have catfish fishing to fall back on like they do in Alabama.

Reaction Score
Alot more to do than rural Alabama/Columbus, Ga.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I somewhat disagree. If they win 8 games or more every year and show some progress, people will develop an interest and start coming in larger numbers. Because here in CT we don't even have catfish fishing to fall back on like they do in Alabama.
I don't disagree that we can't get people to come. As Whaler said, a few years ago we had a decent turnout. My point was that at our current state of affairs, no one is turning out because there is disinterest in the program. It isn't because there were other things going on. If they start winning 8 games, or get a new exciting coach, or even change to a "Power" conference, I think the interest will return. However, right now we're stagnant and I really hope that changes. However, that doesn't mean that our PR department should be stagnant as well. If anything, they should be working their butts off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom