OT: - Auburn players Austin Wiley & Danjel Purifoy out indefinitely | The Boneyard

OT: Auburn players Austin Wiley & Danjel Purifoy out indefinitely

Reaction Score
Auburn basketball players Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy out indefinitely

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn has ruled Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy ineligible, according to a release. The decision comes more than a month after assistant coach Chuck Person was arrested on federal bribery and corruption charges on Sept. 26. The team has an exhibition game scheduled at 7 pm Thursday against Barry.

“To avoid any potential eligibility issues, Auburn Athletics has decided to hold men’s basketball players Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy out indefinitely. Because this is related to an ongoing investigation, we cannot comment further at this time," Auburn said in a statement.

Person allegedly gave the families of the two student-athletes $18,500 to secure the services of a financial advisor when they went into the NBA. The players are identified as Player 1 and Player 2 in a 32-page complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney’s office and FBI that details the year-long investigation. Person allegedly accepted $91,500 in bribes. The school suspended Person without pay hours after his arrest.

Reaction Score
Well, that brutal mid-season stretch of @ Arizona (12/21) @ Auburn (12/23) and vs. Wichita State (12/30) just got a little bit easier.

I really want to beat Auburn. I was at the OT game last year when Jalen went down. Losing that game hurt.

Reaction Score
Well, that brutal mid-season stretch of @ Arizona (12/21) @ Auburn (12/23) and vs. Wichita State (12/30) just got a little bit easier.

I really want to beat Auburn. I was at the OT game last year when Jalen went down. Losing that game hurt.
We could have won that game.

Reaction Score
We could have won that game.

No doubt, even with Adams out. IIRC we made a great run at the end of regulation with Brimah tying the game with a jump shot in the final minute or so. And then we just couldn't get it done in OT. Shoulda had it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who is Uncle Bruce???:(:(:(
Hey there - you aren't familiar with Uncle Bruce Pearl, owner of the famous Tennessee Bar B Q pit for prospect gatherings?
Aaron Craft is the maitre'd

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The odds on Bruce Pearl being the Auburn coach when we play them are about 20-1.

If he is the coach, there is something very wrong with the people who run Auburn.

Reaction Score
The odds on Bruce Pearl being the Auburn coach when we play them are about 20-1.

If he is the coach, there is something very wrong with the people who run Auburn.
Never took you as the naive type, you sound incredibly naive here.

Reaction Score
There is speculation on the Auburn board from a poster with some perceived cred that Wiley may be cleared to play as soon as Friday. I think Pearl is working to get his players eligible as we speak. Most likely again I am in the 1% here but my hope is Pearl is fired and the players declared ineligible. I have my reasons! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At least we won't have to worry about our AD Dave going home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom