Auburn @ Mississippi St - 2/23/21 | The Boneyard

Auburn @ Mississippi St - 2/23/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Should be a good game for Mississippi State to snap their losing streak. If they can't be Auburn....idk what to say.

Reaction Score
FYI, @Shades, while it’s not listed on ESPN.com’s schedule, Maryland does host Iowa in a rescheduled game at 1 ET today.
Thanks. It wasn’t on the schedule last night, but it’s on there now.

Reaction Score
MSU obviously needs to get off to a better start today. Against Arkansas they trailed by 10 after the first quarter and lost by 6. Against Alabama they trailed by 8 after the first quarter and lost by 8.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Nikki McCray Penson is about to be fired at the locker room at 5 pm Pacific.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, I was just kidding above but now I feel all the fellow Bulldogs pain in watching this team. This is all about poor coaching all the time....yikes. Makes me wonder how NMP did so well at Old Dominion the last two years!

Ok, I will do a mea-culpa and say to all the MSU posters- Go ahead and call 1-800-GAILSOS to see if she can get you out of this malaise.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Miss State needs to just opt out (formally) of the season at this point.

Reaction Score
I think Mississippi State will win. It was huge for them to hit some 3's when Auburn got a big lead but it should be a little easier at home vs. Auburn

Reaction Score
The Miss St WBB twitter and FB may shut down completely if Auburn pulls this off

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
All I know is the Auburn coach is "Hollyish" on her use of timeouts. MSU makes a huge run, her team takes no time off the shot clock and takes consistently poor shots and NO TIME OUT? She's gotta get her walking papers as this is terrible.

Reaction Score
Even with the win, MSU is pretty depressing to watch considering where the program has been the last 4 years

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Where I have circled in black is us next year.

Resume.jpg

Reaction Score
SimpleDawg, in the past I've been where you seem to be--hating a coach so much that you find yourself hoping the team will lose. And the tough part for you is that there's no way they are going to change coaches after this season so you are going to have to go through this again next year and most likely for a third year. That's going to be a rough stretch to go through.

Reaction Score
For those who are interested, here is the MSU press conference after the game with questions answered by Rickea Jackson, Myah Taylor, and Coach McCray-Penson.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
SimpleDawg, in the past I've been where you seem to be--hating a coach so much that you find yourself hoping the team will lose. And the tough part for you is that there's no way they are going to change coaches after this season so you are going to have to go through this again next year and most likely for a third year. That's going to be a rough stretch to go through.

That's not what one of the most reliable guys who run the Mississippi State forums say. He says if we don't improve next year, the change will in all likelihood be made.

I'm glad you're such a Nikki cheerleader. I hope you enjoy cheering for a team that's 4-6 in the SEC, and had an all-time cataclysmic fall from grace, historically speaking.

Reaction Score
So what you are saying is that one of the most reliable guys on the MSU forums says NMP is going to get at least one more year. And, this reliable person only suggest the possibility of no third year if there aren't signs of improvement in year 2. Sounds like that person and I are on the same page.

As for being a Nikki cheerleader, I think my viewpoint on her is more of wait and see. As my username indicates, I'm taking a realistic view about this season. The returning roster wasn't as deep, experienced and talented as people like you suggest--I've written at least two detailed posts on this and no MSU fan has had a valid response to show where I'm wrong. I'm realistic enough to recognized how difficult this season has been for new coaches trying to get familiar with a new team and trying to install new styles of play. If you want a good example, go look at what has happened with the Old Dominion program that was so successful under Nikki last year. I also realize that Vic had a big home court advantage which helped make the program a success, and this year home courts are almost like neutral court games. The bottom line is that there is nothing normal about this year in most situations, including being a first year head coach, and fans who give up on a coach after less than a year are really jumping the gun. (BTW, do you realize that Nikki has a better record than Vic this year against teams currently in the top-25 even though Vic has 3 upperclassmen McDonald's All-Americans including the player projected to be the #1 pick in the WNBA draft?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom