Auburn hit with 4 years probation and a 2 scholarship reduction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Auburn hit with 4 years probation and a 2 scholarship reduction

Reaction Score
anyone know what he did?

buy a hamburger for a 7th grader?

steal a recruit from K?

call some kid 17 times instead of 15?

Squid got caught playing a kid who failed his SAT's, so they had to punish some SEC team?

I gotta know
It was the Chuck Person stuff. See article.

Person, a former Auburn star and NBA player, was accused of soliciting and accepting at least $91,500 from Louis Martin Blazer III, a former financial adviser who was working as a cooperating witness for the FBI in its investigation into college basketball corruption. Person was accused of facilitating some of the money to Auburn players' families as inducements to get them to sign with certain financial advisers once they turned pro. The government alleged he provided $11,000 to one player's family and $7,500 to another's.

Reaction Score
Idk if this has been said yet ITT but I feel like the failure to create atmosphere of compliance earned us and JC a worse punishment; like at least as much probation and a longer suspension for JC.

And our lack of compliance was over texts and phone calls; not accepting fickin bribes

Bruce has had to have cemented his place on the Shady Coach Rushmore

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It was the Chuck Person stuff. See article.

Person, a former Auburn star and NBA player, was accused of soliciting and accepting at least $91,500 from Louis Martin Blazer III, a former financial adviser who was working as a cooperating witness for the FBI in its investigation into college basketball corruption. Person was accused of facilitating some of the money to Auburn players' families as inducements to get them to sign with certain financial advisers once they turned pro. The government alleged he provided $11,000 to one player's family and $7,500 to another's.

sooo, as a UConn fan, because some auburn alumnus passed around 90 grand to some recruit families (11 large to one of them! why, with 11 large i can buy...no, not that,...i can buy, umm no, not that either...hmmm, what can i buy with 11 large? some food i guess, mebbe an xbox, shoes too i suppose....), im supposed to be butthurt, shocked, and ... crestfallen, becuz of ummm, why?
i bet if they cleaned up their act on moves like this, they could call it 'nil' money, and call it a day.
lots of 'allegin' goin on in that article, too.

Reaction Score
The problem with a ban is it punishes the current players. Pearl should have received a longer suspension.
Totally agree - there's no accountability for the head coach where the buck is supposed to stop at - and especially if he has a previous rap sheet. Sheesh.

Reaction Score
Funny it’s hardly news anymore. But when JCs APR penalty was news it was plastered everywhere on ESPN and all college hoops telecasts. Amazing where the NCAA is now they’re pitiful.

Are all the UNC hoops players taking their own tests these days? Who cares lol

Reaction Score
anyone know what he did?

steal a recruit from K?

Squid got caught playing a kid who failed his SAT's, so they had to punish some SEC team?

I gotta know
He didn't properly monitor former assistant Chuck Person. See article below:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
anyone know what he did?

steal a recruit from K?

I gotta know

This post was actually tongue in cheek, like most of my work here. I simply don't respect the NCAA, especially their (selective) enforcement division. I'm not going to pretend I respect them now

Reaction Score
sooo, as a UConn fan, because some auburn alumnus passed around 90 grand to some recruit families (11 large to one of them! why, with 11 large i can buy...no, not that,...i can buy, umm no, not that either...hmmm, what can i buy with 11 large? some food i guess, mebbe an xbox, shoes too i suppose....), im supposed to be butthurt, shocked, and ... crestfallen, becuz of ummm, why?
i bet if they cleaned up their act on moves like this, they could call it 'nil' money, and call it a day.
lots of 'allegin' goin on in that article, too.
You really don't understand why UConn fans are irritated by the way the NCAA only slaps others on the wrist after UConn was banned from postseason play based on rules that literally didn't exist when they were "broken"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom