Auburn-Arizona "First Four" Game Is at Gampel Thursday Evening | The Boneyard

Auburn-Arizona "First Four" Game Is at Gampel Thursday Evening

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't know if it has been made clear that the location of each "First Four" game in the women's NCAA tournament is the same as the location where the winner of that game will play in the First Round (Round of 64) this weekend.

For UConn fans, especially those who reside in Connecticut, this has a significant implication, which I just verified by checking the ESPN app: The "First Four" (aka "play in") game between 11-seeds Auburn and Arizona in the Portland 3 Regional will occur Thursday evening (3/21) at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut. That means, of course, that the winner of that game will not need to travel before facing Syracuse at Gampel on Saturday afternoon.

I don't know that most UConn fans have a rooting interest in this game, but it is relevant insofar as the winner will play Syracuse on Saturday. If that team manages to beat Syracuse, then the play-in winner will be UConn's opponent on Monday night (assuming that UConn prevails against Jackson State on Saturday).

So, UConn fans might want to attend this game to "scout" a prospective opponent. I have no idea about the ticket sales, but I have to think that there will be plenty of seats available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom