Auburn AD out and that means what? | The Boneyard

Auburn AD out and that means what?

Reaction Score
If UConn Football blows up this season, don't be surprised if we're in the market for a new AD... just sayin...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

This.

Whomever the new AD will be, they will have a strong history or alliances with the new president because the AD has to know the university admin can stand up to the boosters. Auburn has a long, rich, troubling, spectacular history of boosters running roughshod over athletics if left unchecked.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
What kind payday could Benedict leaving here for Auburn mean for him??

Reaction Score
This. Whomever the new AD will be, they will have a strong history or alliances with the new president because the AD has to know the university admin can stand up to the boosters. Auburn has a long, rich, troubling, spectacular history of boosters running roughshod over athletics if left unchecked.
Barring an unforeseen massive 2022 War Eagle season, Auburn's AD to-be-named will soon replace Greene's mistake, Bryan Harsin.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This. Dave can likely stay as long as he likes. Why would he want the headaches that are SEC boosters?
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Reaction Score
The one thing Dave does not have on his resume from UConn is football success which is the main reason that Auburn is departing with their AD. Remember, he brought back Edsall and the Mora hiring is too new to evaluate. The new Auburn AD will most likely fire the current football coach, Bryan Harsin, after the season is over and hire a new coach. I think Auburn will have to bring in a new AD that has a successful football resume who has experience hiring a successful football coach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hathaway?
Not bad, to play Boneyard other acceptable mentions include: TJ Weist, Todd Orlando, Rhett Lashlee
Tom Katsouleas, Susan Herbst, Dan Malloy, Bob Chesney and legitimately Jim Penders.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The one thing Dave does not have on his resume from UConn is football success which is the main reason that Auburn is departing with their AD. Remember, he brought back Edsall and the Mora hiring is too new to evaluate. The new Auburn AD will most likely fire the current football coach, Bryan Harsin, after the season is over and hire a new coach. I think Auburn will have to bring in a new AD that has a successful football resume who has experience hiring a successful football coach.

This... Auburn boosters would melt down bringing in the AD from what the media has consistently called the worst or one of the worst programs over the last couple of years. His first football hire was a bust and he's seen as the guy who de-emphasized football with the move from the AAC to independent/Big East. There is no chance an SEC school with significant football aspirations is chasing him right now. If the Mora hire hits... then the narrative may change.

Reaction Score

Um, sorry AD David Benedict, but I dont want to lose you and so I forbid you from entertaining any calls from the entire state of Alabama.

Use your head. Can you imagine the reaction of Auburn people of they hired an AD of third worst program in FBS. You can bet your penny loafers it’s not happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom