Aubrey likely out for the season | The Boneyard

Aubrey likely out for the season

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Disk issues can be incurred by a wide variety of things. As I have previously posted, I ruptured a disk bending down to pick up a laundry basket. And another time, within a year or two, I woke up with severe back and leg pain due to another disk issue. Both resulted in a surgery.

Reaction Score
Prayers for a complete recovery. Back injuries are nothing to sniff at - forget playing sports, but just to be able to have a fully functional life. If Aubrey hadn't played in any games, then a redshirt year or a medical redshirt is a possibility. Something about suffering the injury in the first half of the season, and only playing 30% of a season at most. In this case - and considering all the postponed games due to covid protocols thus far, I think Aubrey is a sure bet to be eligible for a medical redshirt.......

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Having struggled with a "bad" back for more than 45+ years, I can empathize with Aubrey's current condition. Mine started when i got a bit too "involved" while coaching football, triggered a pinched and then ruptrued disc. But . . . after surgery (we're talking in the 1960's) I was surprised by the speed of my recovery. Was back to coaching football and playing in a men's basketball league within a half year. As long as I loosened up on a stationery bike before a game, I was fine. Now, just after my 80th birthday, I spent time this morning shoveling heavy snow from my driveway; there definitely is life after back surgery.

Is Aubrey's case the same as mine was? I have, of course, no idea. But sports medicine in general (and surgical procedures and hardware) are much more advanced than 50 years ago, so I hope that the advances will work in her favor . . . for this season . . . or the next . . . and for the rest of her life. There will be time for her to just watch basketball; right now, if her back is willing, she can play the darned game and leave it us oldsters to watch and "coach" and complain.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
What a terrible thing to have at such a young age. I was really looking forward to a break-out season for her; she is quite the athlete. All the best and here's to a quick recovery.

Reaction Score
Too young to have disc problems in the back.

All the best to Aubrey for a complete recovery.
It's been a bad couple of years. I, too, have a friend who had. back surgery and is now 100%. Before that, he had to lie on the floor.

Reaction Score

End of January is likely date for Fudd ( and maybe Muhl) to begin re-hab. Maybe return to game action by mid February. . Basically, a half-season disaster. Luckily, since only the NCAA tourney matters, UCONN may recover. But if all the interim games are cancelled, then Caroline and everyone else won't grow and develop either.

Reaction Score
End of January is likely date for Fudd ( and maybe Muhl) to begin re-hab. Maybe return to game action by mid February. . Basically, a half-season disaster. Luckily, since only the NCAA tourney matters, UCONN may recover. But if all the interim games are cancelled, then Caroline and everyone else won't grow and develop either.
Sounds like Nika will play on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Yeesh. Wonder if she can and/or would red shirt.
One would think so if able to play again. She has not a minute of PT this season. I for one hope so, was looking forward to seeing her this year.
Prayers for a complete recovery.
Very thoughtful gesture and appreciated here from a rival. :)
Are disc injuries difficult to diagnose?
Not at all, first visit are x-rays and if situation continues they will do cat scans which reveal what surgeons need pre-surgery if that is required. Also an EMG would be done for proof positive of just what may be the affected nerve causing pain. Each section of the spine will show up in a different area of the body.
I wish her all the luck in the world as a young athlete. Screws and rods here but can only hope she does not have a major back problem at her age.

Reaction Score
Aubrey is very young to have this type of injury and it is interesting to me with all the modern medical tests at this point in the season surgery is being seen as the solution. Get the surgery done now if that is the agreed upon solution. Come back strong!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom