Aubrey Griffin... | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin...

Reaction Score
1555249310202.png

Reaction Score
It is off season. How are we not giving her love? We are excited to see her play.... but no matter how good she is... she is going to have a hard time replacing two All Americans..... so people are posting about needs and wants for next season. That is not meant to take away from our exciting about having Griffin here next season.

Why do some UCONN fans look to create drama where there should not be any?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It is off season. How are we not giving her love? We are excited to see her play.... but no matter how good she is... she is going to have a hard time replacing two All Americans..... so people are posting about needs and wants for next season. That is not meant to take away from our exciting about having Griffin here next season.

i-foresee-more-drama.jpg

Reaction Score

For some of the crap that's discussed on this site, we should be talking more about next season !

Reaction Score
That’s all you got thanks for bringing so much to the table

Reaction Score
That’s all you got thanks for bringing so much to the table
I hope what the TABLE will do is: Discuss the assets and abilities and the greatness of getting a player like Aubrey. Whether she will be a DT, NURSE, Swin, etc we will see. So far her HS numbers are extra ordinary. I won't bury her until she digs that hole.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Seems like we are not giving Aubrey enough love on this site lately. I for one can't wait to see her play. She's going to be awesome.

UCONN has had two players who played for Ossining. One was good. One was goodbye. Here is some old luv prior to UCONN offering a scholarship. Basketball in the Griffin's in a family affair.
Ossining girls' basketball star Aubrey Griffin riding high on the recruiting trail
On her ACL injury:
"I had a breakaway layup," Griffin said, "As I was going up, my knee went inwards, and I fell to the ground. People say I tripped over an opponent's foot, but I don't remember." Griffin said she recalls Espinoza-Hunter carrying her off the court.

"But Griffin, who has a 3.4 GPA and is interested in studying psychology, said Louisville coaches have remained consistent, never wavering even after her injury. UConn, meanwhile, joined the chase this past fall and has yet to offer.
Griffin went to Storrs, Connecticut, on Feb. 12 and saw the Huskies defeat Louisville 69-58 while sitting behind the UConn bench."

Adrian Griffin believes he knows which road his daughter will pedal. "She has her heart set on UConn," he said, "and I don't doubt her. Pound for pound, she's the best athlete in the family."

Reaction Score
I hope what the TABLE will do is: Discuss the assets and abilities and the greatness of getting a player like Aubrey. Whether she will be a DT, NURSE, Swin, etc we will see. So far her HS numbers are extra ordinary. I won't bury her until she digs that hole.
In Aubrey I see Collier with an outside shot. Wow! She will be the 5th starter next year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
EVERYTHING I've read about Aubrey Griffin (from various sources) has been good. Griffin appears to be an "elite" talent. One of the best of the best. I see no reason why her talents and love of the game won't transcend to the next level. I'm not going to guess or predict when the light is going to go on for her and she get's it.

But when it does, she's going to be hard to stop. I don't know what kind of freshman year she will have. Probably one similar to Christyn. The biggest adjustment she will have to make is off court time management, getting use to playing without the ball, playing against players up to 4 years older than she is, understanding Geno's defensive schemes, and the speed if the game.

I suspect her sophomore year and beyond will be great. I do predict that Aubrey will become one of the better players in UConn lore before her career is over. Like Christyn Williams, Griffin wants to be great, and the best she can be. It's almost impossible to hold back anyone that wants to be the best, and is willing to work as hard as they have to to get there. I see great things ahead for Griffin during the next four years. She's going to be fun to watch. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
EVERYTHING I've read about Aubrey Griffin (from various sources) has been good. Griffin appears to be an "elite" talent. One of the best of the best. I see no reason why her talents and love of the game won't transcend to the next level. I'm not going to guess or predict when the light is going to go on for her and she get's it.

But when it does, she's going to be hard to stop. I don't know what kind of freshman year she will have. The biggest adjustment she will have to make is getting use to playing with players up to 4 years older than she is, and the speed if the game.

I suspect her sophomore year and beyond will be great. I do predict that Aubrey will become one of the better players in UConn lore before her career is over. Like Christyn Williams, Griffin wants to be great, and the best she can be. It's almost impossible to hold back anyone that wants to be the best, and is willing to work as hard as they have to to get there. I see great things ahead for Griffin during the next four years. She's going to be fun to watch. :)
@Scoop, now here is an assessment I respect.
Obviously, she'll need to make an adjustment in how she plays (a bit) and with whom she plays (a bit). My belief, as a player of the game, is you have to push yourself to be what you say you want to be. But REAL Talent with dedication will show through early. As a frosh she MAY stumble, it's expected at every level, however if she is anywhere near your assessment (which I believe) she will, early on if not a starter, be used from the bench. And maybe the bench drought has ended if we can use MUHL off the bench too. Thanks @Scoop!

Reaction Score
UCONN has had two players who played for Ossining. One was good. One was goodbye. Here is some old luv prior to UCONN offering a scholarship. Basketball in the Griffin's in a family affair.
Ossining girls' basketball star Aubrey Griffin riding high on the recruiting trail
On her ACL injury:
"I had a breakaway layup," Griffin said, "As I was going up, my knee went inwards, and I fell to the ground. People say I tripped over an opponent's foot, but I don't remember." Griffin said she recalls Espinoza-Hunter carrying her off the court.

"But Griffin, who has a 3.4 GPA and is interested in studying psychology, said Louisville coaches have remained consistent, never wavering even after her injury. UConn, meanwhile, joined the chase this past fall and has yet to offer.
Griffin went to Storrs, Connecticut, on Feb. 12 and saw the Huskies defeat Louisville 69-58 while sitting behind the UConn bench."

Adrian Griffin believes he knows which road his daughter will pedal. "She has her heart set on UConn," he said, "and I don't doubt her. Pound for pound, she's the best athlete in the family."

@SVCBeercats, Mostly nice and interesting on Aubrey. It may be Politically Correct on the BY to continue to diss AEH, maybe. But I think it's time to let that ship sink. AEH was a KID--just a kid. It appears she is strong minded, usually Uconn likes them because they deliver. She knocked heads with Geno and lost. She with her mouth missed her dreams. I haven't missed a dream, but I have no issue standing my ground--so I feel sorrow for my and Uconn's loss and the loss AEH must feel. GrandMa always said if you can't say something nice about a person say nothing at all--that's why she never spoke of ME.

Reaction Score
As I said in an earlier post, Griffin will lead the Huskies in scoring next season. She just has so many different ways to score. She can't be stopped from putting up points, one way or the other, eh?

Reaction Score
As I said in an earlier post, Griffin will lead the Huskies in scoring next season. She just has so many different ways to score. She can't be stopped from putting up points, one way or the other, eh?
I hope you're correct, but that is a huge expectation to place on a freshman. CW & MW are likely to be the 1st and 2nd options.

Reaction Score
I surely hope what you say comes to pass. Point from an attacking, hard playing kid is needed. If that happens with Aubrey then you can bet CW and Megan will follow her lead. Those 2 have held themselves back.

Reaction Score
No attack Jingo and I hope she is that good. Not sure the last time or if ever a freshman lead a team like UConn in scoring. You are really going out on a limb with this one, eh?

I surely hope what you say comes to pass. Point from an attacking, hard playing kid is needed. If that happens with Aubrey then you can bet CW and Megan will follow her lead. Those 2 have held themselves back.
Broadway, did they hold themselves back or simply do what most athletes would with two All Americans to lean on? I really think CW and Megan will step out on their own free will next season, this along with Ododa coming into her game. I see her with a ton of potential, finish down low, stay away from fouls yet still block shots. Some help from a aggressive new wing would be a blessing if ready for the challenge.

Reaction Score
No attack Jingo and I hope she is that good. Not sure the last time or if ever a freshman lead a team like UConn in scoring. You are really going out on a limb with this one, eh?

Broadway, did they hold themselves back or simply do what most athletes would with two All Americans to lean on? I really think CW and Megan will step out on their own free will next season, this along with Ododa coming into her game. I see her with a ton of potential, finish down low, stay away from fouls yet still block shots. Some help from a aggressive new wing would be a blessing if ready for the challenge.
Interesting look at the same question. Geno, as I did, thought that CW and Megan deferred to Collier and KLS. Did they lean on them, sure, isn't that what nice freshmen/sophs to do Seniors? But there too had to be times when CW in her past life would have attacked the basket passed the ball to Collier or KLS (i.e. deferring)
Yet with your question--it's impossible to tell other than Geno's word--which it was. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Out on a limb for sure!!! A freshman did lead UCONN in scoring - the great Maya Moore!!! Big shoes to fill.
Thank you for the home work SVC, I was lazy. Milford grabbed one also. Was not meant to be a cad accurate point but then again sloppy of me.
I truly hope Aubrey comes in and has what it takes to lead a very talented group of upper class women as Jingo predicts. It would take a lot for anyone to match Maya who came in ranked #1 in the nation and #1 at her position. Not to mention a 4.0 graduation average....
Maya Moore - Wikipedia
The challenge for any freshman at UConn is not how much you can score but rather the complete game. Geno requirement #1, play D, rebound, hustle, pay attention on the bench. Obviously he saw enough in her to recruit as we have seen many a good player with stats get passed over and not even offered.
Again I wish the sky for her but do not expect it coming in, just hoping for a good acclamation year with time on the floor, injury free.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom