Aubrey Griffin officially out for tonight, Piath also unavailable | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin officially out for tonight, Piath also unavailable

Reaction Score
Aren't there academic advisors to proctor players to take exams while on the road?+ My child plays another D1 sport and they cater the academic schedules to fit the players, not the other way around. They also require study halls and academic oversight when players need it (all freshmen get it). Once they show they are good academically, the mandatory study halls go away and eversight lessens.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Regarding my post on Rita: I believe [not 100% sure] that Geno wanted Rita to stay in Storrs at some point....missing a game or even an early season tourney.... due to some concerns about her academic performance and wanted her to focus on that without basketball concerns.

BTW: this would 'jibe' with the following: As I recall, Rita qualified academically for UConn after graduating from high school.
However she did not come that next year....instead she attended a local JC for one year....I think it was Mitchell JC .
She then transferred to UConn after that one year and spent the next 3 in Storrs...becoming a valuable part of very good teams. I think she won the BE tourney MVP one year.

I do recall that her year at the JC...only one year not the usual two...was due to Geno having some worries about her ability to maintain good grades at a college level...and he wanted her to have an additional year before entering UConn at a higher level of academics...basically to prove to him and to herself that she could perform well in a 4 year college.
That obviously was OK with Rita because that was exactly what she did. She was certainly talented enough hoop-wise to have other offers and could have entered college directly after high school...she WAS qualified via NC AA standards.
She took Geno's advice...took the harder road and she became a favorite of many UConn fans precisely because of her personal qualities exhibited here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom