Aubrey Griffin named Miss New York Basketball | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin named Miss New York Basketball

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
By the Basketball Coaches Association of New York.

Griffin beat out four other finalists for the award, including Long Island Lutheran's Celeste Taylor, a McDonald's All-American who was named the Gatorade New York Girls Basketball Player of the Year on Saturday.

With the honor, Griffin is now the most accomplished girls basketball player to ever come out of the Lower Hudson Valley. The UConn-committed wing is the only player to be a Section 1 player of the year, McDonald's All-American, WBCA High School Coaches' All-American, Section 1 champion, state champion and Federation champion.

Griffin is currently averaging 25.9 points, 9.4 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 3.7 steals and 1.8 blocks per game this season. She has scored at least 35 points in each of her last three games, which have come in the sectional final, regional semifinal, and regional final.

Girls basketball: Ossining's Aubrey Griffin named Miss New York Basketball

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching Aubrey in person next Saturday in the state semis at HVCC in Troy
Please post info of her accomplishments for us unlucky soles that aren't able to watch the soon to be UConn Husky.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Please post info of her accomplishments for us unlucky soles that aren't able to watch the soon to be UConn Husky.
That’s my plan.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some interesting stats:

Player A: 26 PPG, 9 RPG, 4.2 APG, 3.7 SPG, 1.8 BPG

Player B: 26 PPG, 12 RPG, 4.4 APG, 3.7 SPG, 2.8 BPG

A = Aubrey Griffin

B = Haley Jones

Congrats to Aubrey! I liked her game when I saw her in December, just before her injury. She was made to play in an uptempo offense, like Ossining and UConn.

Who is she comparable to? Not quite as tall or athletic as Diamond (who is at the top of the chart). Taller than Kalana Greene, maybe comparable before K-Bear's injury. Taller than Tiffany and right-handed, maybe not quite the first-step, but still very good. Leaner and faster than Megatron. Very fast and long. Runs like a deer.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Everything I have read on Aubrey sounds good. I am looking forward to watching her play at UConn. Maybe 3 is the charm :).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom