Aubrey Griffin....is she back playing??? | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin....is she back playing???

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Ossining is 8-5...losing the last 3 games.
They play tonight against Ursuline [New Rochelle].
Just guessing that she still is out...I hope I [or far more likely] somebody with better computer skills can track down their box score tonight to see if she playing.

That article may just be projecting that she hopes to be ready to play in the all-start game?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ossining is 8-5...losing the last 3 games.
They play tonight against Ursuline [New Rochelle].
Just guessing that she still is out...I hope I [or far more likely] somebody with better computer skills can track down their box score tonight to see if she playing.

That article may just be projecting that she hopes to be ready to play in the all-start game?
The McDonald's game takes place in late March, so two more months. Hope she heals well.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
From the girl herself:

"Griffin, a 6-foot-1 wing ranked 33rd in the Class of 2019 by ESPN, has been sidelined since Dec. 9 with a sprained left ankle. The injury has kept her from building off a dominant junior season, in which she averaged 28.3 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.2 steals and 2.9 assists.

“I’ve been doing rehab,” she said. “It was frustrating, but I just had to realize that I’d rather miss now than farther down the line.”

Fortunately, Griffin expects to return to game action soon."

“I’m close to 100 percent,” she explained. “I’ll be able to play in a couple days, maybe sooner.”

UConn recruit Aubrey Griffin chosen for McDonald’s All-American game

Reaction Score
From the girl herself:

"Griffin, a 6-foot-1 wing ranked 33rd in the Class of 2019 by ESPN, has been sidelined since Dec. 9 with a sprained left ankle. The injury has kept her from building off a dominant junior season, in which she averaged 28.3 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.2 steals and 2.9 assists.

“I’ve been doing rehab,” she said. “It was frustrating, but I just had to realize that I’d rather miss now than farther down the line.”

Fortunately, Griffin expects to return to game action soon."

“I’m close to 100 percent,” she explained. “I’ll be able to play in a couple days, maybe sooner.”

UConn recruit Aubrey Griffin chosen for McDonald’s All-American game

let's hope she's all done with the serious injury issues......................as it stands now she will be logging a fair number of minutes as a freshman

Reaction Score
let's hope she's all done with the serious injury issues.......as it stands now she will be logging a fair number of minutes as a freshman

I’m still not sure about that, but only time will tell.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
let's hope she's all done with the serious injury issues.......as it stands now she will be logging a fair number of minutes as a freshman

So you liked someone bringing you the news??

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Girls basketball: Aubrey Griffin returns, leads Ossining past top-ranked Ursuline

Jan 25 - OSSINING — Even if it had not been prefaced with, "Future Husky and McDonald's All-American," the Ossining girls basketball team was thrilled to finally hear Aubrey Griffin's name back in the starting lineup.

Griffin, who had not played since Dec. 9 with a high ankle sprain, spearheaded Ossining to a 77-64 win over Ursuline — the No. 1-ranked team in the Lower Hudson Valley — in her return to the court Friday afternoon. The UConn-committed star and reigning Section 1 girls basketball player of the year finished with 27 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.

"It's been actually really exciting, these past couple of days," said Griffin, who became the first public school player from Section 1 to earn a spot in the prestigious McDonald's All-American Game on Thursday.

[LINK]

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Girls basketball: Aubrey Griffin returns, leads Ossining past top-ranked Ursuline

Jan 25 - OSSINING — Even if it had not been prefaced with, "Future Husky and McDonald's All-American," the Ossining girls basketball team was thrilled to finally hear Aubrey Griffin's name back in the starting lineup.

Griffin, who had not played since Dec. 9 with a high ankle sprain, spearheaded Ossining to a 77-64 win over Ursuline — the No. 1-ranked team in the Lower Hudson Valley — in her return to the court Friday afternoon. The UConn-committed star and reigning Section 1 girls basketball player of the year finished with 27 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.

"It's been actually really exciting, these past couple of days," said Griffin, who became the first public school player from Section 1 to earn a spot in the prestigious McDonald's All-American Game on Thursday.

[LINK]
Yes, Aubrey will fit in very nicely once she gets to Storrs. :)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Note: Ossining's next game is on Thursday January 31....4:30...in Poughkeepsie against traditional power Lady of Lourdes.

Lourdes in the past had several Viani sisters playing there....one of them is a fairly frequent analyst for women's college games.

Way back also...Maureen Magarity was a solid Loourdes player....daughter of Army's Dave Magarity....current head coach for New Hampshire...husband from Windsor Locks is an assistant....similar to Jen and her hubbie at GDub.

Hope Aubrey can help knock off Lady.

I bet this is the type of game a UConn staff member would attend....except for a little contest our gals will be in.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Note: Ossining's next game is on Thursday January 31....4:30...in Poughkeepsie against traditional power Lady of Lourdes.
Lourdes in the past had several Viani sisters playing there....one of them is a fairly frequent analyst for women's college games.
Way back also...Maureen Magarity was a solid Loourdes player....daughter of Army's Dave Magarity....current head coach for New Hampshire...husband from Windsor Locks is an assistant....similar to Jen and her hubbie at GDub.
Hope Aubrey can help knock off Lady.
I bet this is the type of game a UConn staff member would attend....except for a little contest our gals will be in.
@blakeon18 I believe that @Chong-Master reported a few weeks back that one of the current Ossining players has committed to play for Coach Dave at Army and join the Long Gray Line.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Great article in the Courant today about Aubrey's triumphant return to action:

UConn’s Aubrey Griffin scores 27 in first game back from injury, talks McDonald’s All-American Game - Hartford Courant

Griffin’s first game back showcased many of the reasons UConn coach Geno Auriemma was intent on recruiting her. The Huskies’ recruit, who signed her national letter of intent in November, has the athleticism and aggression that Auriemma likes, and she put it on display in Ossining High School’s game against Ursuline.​
In the past, Auriemma compared Griffin to UConn freshman Christyn Williams, and it’s apparent why. When Griffin decides she’s getting to the rim, there’s little opposing teams can do to stop her. She’s fast — with long, powerful strides — and doesn’t hesitate. She scored 27 points in Friday night’s game — almost all of them in the paint.​
Up until the fourth quarter, if you hadn’t known Griffin was recovering from an ankle injury, you wouldn’t have been able to tell. She had multiple steals, eight rebounds, and in the second quarter, she sent the crowd into a frenzy with a massive block.​

Reaction Score
@blakeon18 I believe that @Chong-Master reported a few weeks back that one of the current Ossining players has committed to play for Coach Dave at Army and join the Long Gray Line.

Jaida Strippoli from Ossining HS, Aubrey Griffin's teammate, has committed to play at Division 1 Army/West Point. Aubrey's other current teammate, Kailah Harris has committed to play at Seton Hall University (reuniting with former Ossining HS player, Shadeen Samuels)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If Ossining has at least 3 future D1 players I would think they have a very realistic shot at the NYS championship....the one where zero NYC teams are allowed.

If they win that, the next weekend in Albany has that champ joined by the NYC Catholic champ and the NYC Public champ for the NYS Federation title....a tougher road to hoe.

Note: granted it was without Aubrey but CTK beat Ossining by 40 in December.

IMO....kinda rare for the state champ to win the Federation title as well...I believe Cicero North with Stewie did it in her junior and senior years.

I would think CTK will be the Catholic champ....Murry Bergtraum used to dominate the public tourney in NYC....don't know if they have levelled of some.
Remember 'Buckets' Prince of Bergtraum and Rutgers fame and her fevered fan 'Oh Yeah' a frequent participant right here on our board?

Reaction Score
If Ossining has at least 3 future D1 players I would think they have a very realistic shot at the NYS championship....the one where zero NYC teams are allowed.

If they win that, the next weekend in Albany has that champ joined by the NYC Catholic champ and the NYC Public champ for the NYS Federation title....a tougher road to hoe.

Note: granted it was without Aubrey but CTK beat Ossining by 40 in December.

IMO....kinda rare for the state champ to win the Federation title as well...I believe Cicero North with Stewie did it in her junior and senior years.

I would think CTK will be the Catholic champ....Murry Bergtraum used to dominate the public tourney in NYC....don't know if they have levelled of some.
Remember 'Buckets' Prince of Bergtraum and Rutgers fame and her fevered fan 'Oh Yeah' a frequent participant right here on our board?

I don't believe Ossining has played with all 3 of their Division 1 recruits, yet this season (due to injuries). Stippoli is due back sometime next week. Just in time for the playoffs

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Update: Ossining crushed Lady of Lourdes January 31.....78-49.
Now 10-5. Don't know the stats for Aubrey.

Reaction Score
Great article in the Courant today about Aubrey's triumphant return to action:

UConn’s Aubrey Griffin scores 27 in first game back from injury, talks McDonald’s All-American Game - Hartford Courant

Griffin’s first game back showcased many of the reasons UConn coach Geno Auriemma was intent on recruiting her. The Huskies’ recruit, who signed her national letter of intent in November, has the athleticism and aggression that Auriemma likes, and she put it on display in Ossining High School’s game against Ursuline.​
In the past, Auriemma compared Griffin to UConn freshman Christyn Williams, and it’s apparent why. When Griffin decides she’s getting to the rim, there’s little opposing teams can do to stop her. She’s fast — with long, powerful strides — and doesn’t hesitate. She scored 27 points in Friday night’s game — almost all of them in the paint.​
Up until the fourth quarter, if you hadn’t known Griffin was recovering from an ankle injury, you wouldn’t have been able to tell. She had multiple steals, eight rebounds, and in the second quarter, she sent the crowd into a frenzy with a massive block.​
@Plebe--Your opinion, please! Will Aubrey be Div 1 ready to go next Nov or will she be a project for Geno to work on?? Tough question I know. Surely, it appears Geno could use her next Nov if she is close to the CW of ND.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
@Plebe--Your opinion, please! Will Aubrey be Div 1 ready to go next Nov or will she be a project for Geno to work on?? Tough question I know. Surely, it appears Geno could use her next Nov if she is close to the CW of ND.
Oh man. Player recruiting evaluations is decidedly *not* my area of expertise. And even if it were, I've never even watched Aubrey play. Geno, CD and Shea, whatever their flaws, surely know more about this than I do.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Will Aubrey be Div 1 ready to go next Nov or will she be a project for Geno

@BroadwayVa stop teasing @Plebe. The answers are No and "we certainly hope not." Your inquiry is not a yes or no,' cuz no freshman is Div 1 ready in November (don't give me Maya, she couldn't guard a chair and don't throw Carter at me either) and "a project" doesn't get the McD's nod. This is an athlete who can score and by all accounts a worker.

I'm more interested in the 6' 5" Zimbabwe CD flew off to see.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@BroadwayVa stop teasing @Plebe. The answers are No and "we certainly hope not." Your inquiry is not a yes or no,' cuz no freshman is Div 1 ready in November (don't give me Maya, she couldn't guard a chair and don't throw Carter at me either) and "a project" doesn't get the McD's nod. This is an athlete who can score and by all accounts a worker.
I'm more interested in the 6' 5" Zimbabwe CD flew off to see.
Say what? Who? When?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Update: Ossining crushed Lady of Lourdes January 31.....78-49.
Now 10-5. Don't know the stats for Aubrey.

28 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists

As always, you can find this kind of info in the recruit thread pinned to the top of the page.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom