Aubrey Griffin Has ANOTHER year of eligibility AT UCONN | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin Has ANOTHER year of eligibility AT UCONN

Reaction Score
During Geno’s pre game presser before tomorrows Game VS Providence you can see at the 9:00 Marker he speaks on Aubrey officially having a “Covid year” so she can come back to UConn in the fall

Reaction Score
During Geno’s pre game presser before tomorrows Game VS Providence you can see at the 9:00 Marker he speaks on Aubrey officially having a “Covid year” so she can come back to UConn in the fall

Question is the nature and extent of the injury and how long the rehab is.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
She almost certainly won' be able to play in the coming 2024 WNBA season. That might well affect
her decision....and what teams think about drafting her given that absence.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She almost certainly won' be able to play in the coming 2024 WNBA season. That might well affect
IF, it is a major knee injury, I can't see any WNBA teams using a draft pick on her. If she just wants to go to Europe or just wants to move on with life after basketball, I can see her not coming back. BUT if she wants to give the WNBA a try, I think she would almost "have" to come back and show her stuff.

Reaction Score
What was interesting in that interview, is that Aubrey asked Geno if she had another year of eligibility. Me thinks she's coming back.
Griff should use this time off to work on her midrange jumper. If Nika could put in extra time by "working her ass off" and improve, then Audrey and Amari could also benefit. Short term it's paid off for Nika. I can't believe it wouldn't benefit the other reluctant shooters.

Reaction Score
Tough decision for all involved. While medical journals note that most athletes average 7-8 months to begin practicing again, how long it will take someone like Aubrey, who relies so much on her quickness, is unknown. May be in everyone's best interests to go silent on this subject, give Aubrey time to herself to rehab, and then let her tell us what she feels is her best path. Too many Holiday Inn doctors can add very little to the subject, particularly from her point of view.

Reaction Score
IF, it is a major knee injury, I can't see any WNBA teams using a draft pick on her. If she just wants to go to Europe or just wants to move on with life after basketball, I can see her not coming back. BUT if she wants to give the WNBA a try, I think she would almost "have" to come back and show her stuff.

How many of the 36 college players selected in a WNBA Draft make an opening day roster? Does not stop teams from taking a gamble. Some team might use a third round draft pick on Aubrey for the future.

Not claiming that it will happen. Not in Aubrey inner circle, so no idea if Aubrey will enter the 2024 WNBA Draft.

Reaction Score
Griff should use this time off to work on her midrange jumper. If Nika could put in extra time by "working her ass off" and improve, then Audrey and Amari could also benefit. Short term it's paid off for Nika. I can't believe it wouldn't benefit the other reluctant shooters.
November would be ten months. I’ve heard varied estimates on recovery time from ACL surgery, some say as little as eight months while others say a year +. Nevertheless, it seems likely she could be ready by January 2025
at the very least which would give her a shot at next season. Alternatively, she could wait til the following season while perhaps working as a grad asst. coach next season? Is that something that could happen? Anyway, the mere fact that she’s asking about whether she has another year clearly signifies some interest on her part. All I know is that if she can somehow reinvent herself as a willing and competent shooter, her draft value will skyrocket!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom