Aubrey back on the bench next weekend? | The Boneyard

Aubrey back on the bench next weekend?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Apparently, Aubrey is back on campus after recuperating at home from back surgery. Nika mentioned it yesterday in her media interview. While Aubrey still has several months before she might be cleared to play again, I am guessing she will be with her teammates on the bench this coming weekend and hopefully throughout the Big Dance.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Apparently, Aubrey is back on campus after recuperating at home from back surgery. Nika mentioned it yesterday in her media interview. While Aubrey still has several months before she might be cleared to play again, I am guessing she will be with her teammates on the bench this coming weekend and hopefully throughout the Big Dance.
She is seen in another thread slowly flexing during a dance video. Looks on the way to a great recovery

Reaction Score
That would be great to see. I am sure this year has been extremely difficult for her on many levels. We all wish her the very best. She is a terrific young woman.

Reaction Score
I thought that was “if you can dodge a wrench, you can play basketball.“

Which thread was it in? Anyone have a link?

Edit: Found it

I love to see the team having fun, enjoying time with one another, relaxing in the midst of a serious time. An important part of getting ready!!

Reaction Score
Great to have Aubrey back with the team. They have come a long way

Back in December we were watching the warm up before the Louisville game. Aubrey and Azzi were behind the baseline under the basket Azzi was wearing a boot, Aubrey looked stiff like she was wearing a brace. Nika, also in a boot, was under the basket firing back basketballs. Nika never stopped with the chatter and encouragement. Paige, leaning on her crutches, watched from near half court in front of the scorer’s table cannot describe the look on her face

They have come a very long way

sun

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Aubrey is taking classes full time this semester?
Could not being on campus be why we don't see her on the bench?
I realize that her name is on the team's roster page, but if she's not currently enrolled FT then she may not officially be on the roster while recuperating this semester.
AFAIK the UConn spring semester began on Jan. 18th but we haven't seen much of her at all during this period.
If she's not able to sit on the bench then perhaps she hasn't been able to attend classes full time either.
I wouldn't expect her to take classes so soon after surgery, especially full time.
If she's not a full time student, then she's not missing from the team, but is ineligible to be on it temporarily until she re-enrolls as a full time student.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Aubrey is taking classes full time this semester?
Could not being on campus be why we don't see her on the bench?
I realize that her name is on the team's roster page, but if she's not currently enrolled FT then she may not officially be on the roster while recuperating this semester.
AFAIK the UConn spring semester began on Jan. 18th but we haven't seen much of her at all during this period.
If she's not able to sit on the bench then perhaps she hasn't been able to attend classes full time either.
I wouldn't expect her to take classes so soon after surgery, especially full time.
If she's not a full time student, then she's not missing from the team, but is ineligible to be on it temporarily until she re-enrolls as a full time student.
As far as I know, Aubrey just got back on campus this week. That’s why we haven’t seen her on the bench, with the exception of the St Johns game, when her family drove her down from Ossining, where she had been recuperating from her back surgery. I assume she has been taking classes remotely up until this week.

sun

Reaction Score
As far as I know, Aubrey just got back on campus this week. That’s why we haven’t seen her on the bench, with the exception of the St Johns game, when her family drove her down from Ossining, where she had been recuperating from her back surgery. I assume she has been taking classes remotely up until this week.
It appears that there was a 2 week delay with the start of the spring '22 semester.
With only the 1st two weeks of the delayed session being remote learning only.
IDK about remote learning after that.
But when I saw Aubrey visit the 1st time, she didn't look to be in very good condition, and perhaps was still living at home in NY.
But then I don't recall what the date was either.
There's also a difference between being a full time & part time student as far as roster eligibility.
When a player is a medical redshirt, they're still eligible for academic scholarship.
But IDK if they must utilize all of it unless they want to remain on the roster which may not make sense for a medical redshirt.
But they must still maintain their grades which can be a chore if not feeling well.
Right now, if she's not living on campus then it's questionable whether she's currently enrolled as a full time student.
And if she is living on campus, then why don't we see her visiting the team very much?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Basketball is just ballet with a ball.
Animated GIF

Reaction Score
Good thing Caroline can play basketball. She admits her dancing is ummmmm lacking.
I know that Deney Terrio is so 40 years ago.. But there is still hope out there for those of us who are rhythmically challenged...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The medical staff at UConn has an EXCELLENT track record of correcting all types of physical ailments and rehabilitating them afterwards.

So............I'm going to assume that Griffin will be healthy and cleared to resume all basketball activities by the time official practice begins. Fall classes for the 2022-2023 school year resume on Monday August 29. She’ll have another 6-7 weeks after that if she needs them.

Reaction Score
If you can dance, you can play basketball…:rolleyes:
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don’t dance
And if they don’t dance
Well, they’re no friends of mine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics