Aubrey and Ossining Saturday at 1:00 | The Boneyard

Aubrey and Ossining Saturday at 1:00

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
a home game against Arlington.....second round of state AA tourney....section one quarterfinal.
BTW: Ossining is ranked #4 in the state....I don't know if this includes NYC teams....this particular tourney does not.

Win the AA state championship and then the week after go for the Federation title with the best NYC Catholic team and the best NYC public team.

Hopefully around 3:00 this afternoon we'll get a report on how Aubrey's team does.

Reaction Score
Saw the first three quarters of the game this afternoon. AG had a much better game than she did against Ursuline last week. In the first minute alone she had 2 steals,a bucket and an assist. Ossining coach likes to use a full court press after made baskets and AG is on the inbounder. Problem is, she tries to get every ball and commits reach in fouls all too often, as she had 2 fouls in the first quarter. With her skills and hard work AG will fit right in with Huskies.

Reaction Score
Hi Blake,
Coach Ricci has a twitter page. Looks like they play again Monday in the semifinals at the Westchester Center.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1551022493151.png

[B]Dan Ricci[/B]‏ @[B]CoachRicOHS[/B] Feb 22
Great day at OHS as we honored our McDonalds All American Aubrey Griffin. Seen here with her family. School Administrators, McDonalds Executives & local officials ⁦@OssiningSchools⁩ ⁦⁦@CitizenMama⁩ ⁦@OHSPrincipal3⁩ ⁦@McDAAG⁩ ⁦@OSSATHLETICS

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I assume it is the same as when I played back in the 70's? NY is broken down into 13 sections. Within each section there are divisions AAA, AA, A, B, C D-E . I believe Ossining was AA? you win your section tournament then you have a regional game. You win and you move on to the state quarterfinals for public schools. If you win the state public school tourney then you move on to the Federation tourney with the private schools. My friend does say she tends to foul a lot but Geno and crew will clean that up.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Monday Feb. 25....at 3:00 at the Westchester County Center....I believe that is in White Plains.

Ossining against Albertus Magnus.

Apparently her great stat line above was done in about 19 minutes!

Hey....keep the news coming....around 5:00 today!

Reaction Score
I believe that Aubrey has the temperament to step into the starting 5 next season, more so than CW did this season. She is a very calculated player, who plays cool under pressure. Yes, she does tend to be a bit over agressive on defense, causing some ticky tack fouls, but as the previous poster said, the UCONN coaching staff will work on cleaning that part of her game up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I believe that Aubrey has the temperament to step into the starting 5 next season, more so than CW did this season. She is a very calculated player, who plays cool under pressure. Yes, she does tend to be a bit over agressive on defense, causing some ticky tack fouls, but as the previous poster said, the UCONN coaching staff will work on cleaning that part of her game up.
I’m sure there will be an intense debate over the 5th starter as soon as the season ends. It would be great if Aubrey can compete for that spot as a freshman, but that may be an overly optimistic expectation. Assuming that Liv fills 1 starting spot, there will be 4 other returning reserves and possibly 5th year transfers and/or foreign born recruits all competing for that spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom