Attention Casual Fans ! | The Boneyard

Attention Casual Fans !

Reaction Score
1663165568400.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dorka/AJax dunk contest?
Ayana Patterson on the woman’s team actually has a functional dunk that could be used in a game. That’s a rarity among women’s players, even those who claim to be able to dunk the ball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wonder why they chose this particular injured reserve forward on the women’s team to market
She's back and Geno expects her to be one of the top picks in the WNBA draft if she stays healthy and plays well. So I simply have no idea what you're referring to. ;) She really should be on the NIL $ train but her Instagram is pretty quiet.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was gonna say "try to keep up" but figured I'd stay out of the fray.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
She's back and Geno expects her to be one of the top picks in the WNBA draft if she stays healthy and plays well. So I simply have no idea what you're referring to. ;) She really should be on the NIL $ train but her Instagram is pretty quiet.

Unfortunately for her and Nika Muhl, as international student athletes they are ineligible for NIL. Both could make a killing.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for her and Nika Muhl, as international student athletes they are ineligible for NIL. Both could make a killing.
It's a bit complicated, but it is allowed. They just had a conference focused on working with US immigration laws to get NIL deals for international students

Reaction Score
It's a bit complicated, but it is allowed. They just had a conference focused on working with US immigration laws to get NIL deals for international students

The other loophole as far as I am aware is to do the NIL stuff in their home country.

Reaction Score
The other loophole as far as I am aware is to do the NIL stuff in their home country.
Correct, that's what UK and Tshiebwe did. Scheduled an exhibition trip to the Bahamas so most of the team had a vacation and Tshiebwe knocked out a year's worth of NIL endorsements in a week

Reaction Score
Dorka was on Cameo while she was back home so she has made a little money at least

Reaction Score

Another potential avenue are academic classes that have paid internships as part of their requirements for all students.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know this is odd but can a player have an only fans?
I suspect it might depend on what they did with it. Patreon too. I wonder if that would be "passive" income for an international student. Or even just pitching makeup or workout clothes on instagram or TikTok perhaps. That might not be passive enough. However, I wonder if they violate the visa if they use an instagram account to advertise for something in their home country. Tricky.

Reaction Score
I suspect it might depend on what they did with it. Patreon too. I wonder if that would be "passive" income for an international student. Or even just pitching makeup or workout clothes on instagram or TikTok perhaps. That might not be passive enough. However, I wonder if they violate the visa if they use an instagram account to advertise for something in their home country. Tricky.
Definitely not passive enough. Has to be like landlord rent, investments, royalties, etc.

Working while on US soil on the visa is probably technically illegal, even if you are generating the income and being taxed in the home country. Kinda similar to how it is also illegal for the trendy digital nomad stuff on tourist visas, but some countries have special visas that allow it.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Nika and Dorka both set up Cameos over the summer and did them while in the states.

I trust that our UConn NIL folks have helped the athletes ahead of time to determine what would and wouldn't get interpreted as "illegal"

Reaction Score
I don't think they're allowed to wear their uniform outside of games and practice, so ... maybe.
You would have to pay UConn in order for a player to do that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom