Attendance count | The Boneyard

Attendance count

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Do they post a turnstile count of attendance?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Attendance is usually listed on the official box score.
What was posted , was not actual, posted was 10167. That is if every seat is occupied,

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What was posted , was not actual, posted was 10167. That is if every seat is occupied,
Attendance is usually based on ticket sales, free admissions and the like. I don't think any program reports based on turnstile. Of course with today's electronic ticket taking, the school knows exactly who came through the door. In fact, Arizona, where I have season tix, is doing a promotion if you attend all the home games. Unfortunately I have not made every game.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I usually look at the attendance on the ESPN app. Sometimes takes a few hours after the game ends, but it’s always there.

vs. Memphis
C8BEDDD5-ECEB-4E1B-88D2-B861C7305899.jpeg

Reaction Score
Attendance= # of cars in the lot x 2 + 1% of total Uconn students - # of players, coaches, media .....

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I usually look at the attendance on the ESPN app. Sometimes takes a few hours after the game ends, but it’s always there.

vs. Memphis
View attachment 50725
You would think it would be posted, for the Oregon game site has listed 100%, they must post only sold tickets, not actual. Was there was, angry the high number of lower seats open. Not showing up is no way to support the team, can't make the game give the tickets to a youth group or something like that. There was a pretty large number of Oregon fans in the lower level.

Reaction Score
I believe the attendance posted by the school is based on the actual number of tickets sold for that particular game. This can be misleading because of the number of corporate seats not used. And, unfortunately, they are often times the best seats. When they tell you it's not about the money, it's about the money.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I believe the attendance posted by the school is based on the actual number of tickets sold for that particular game. This can be misleading because of the number of corporate seats not used. And, unfortunately, they are often times the best seats. When they tell you it's not about the money, it's about the money.
Regardless even a corporate group can donate the seats. If the university is ok with that that is not in the best interests of the team or the school, a public university. Empty seats less revenue.

Reaction Score
Empty seats less revenue.
C'mon .. TV not seats determines revenue, eh? Unfortunately! I remember how TV broke up the old Big East which I loved .. something to do with football revenue... bummer..

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I am talking about, parking fees, concessions, even the school store.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am talking about, parking fees, concessions, even the school store.
Particularly concessions. My career job was in the movie theater industry, so I have a very good idea of the profit to be made there. Of course, you have to have decent attendance for the income to be significant, but it indeed can be.

In fact, one of the factors that put Arizona "over the top" in their bid to host the WNIT in one of the later rounds was including some concession receipts in the bid.

At Arizona and Rutgers I didn't find that the "school store" by whatever name really was overly busy - of course, again, prices are, um, profitable. Where I did see a lot of action was in one of the rare softball games we made, they had recently put in a store (instead of a table) and they were doing good business.

Parking is a conundrum. U of A can't make up their mind, at times it is free and at times they charge when it might otherwise be free. Weekdays of course the deck is charge because it is for all folks, game or no game. We pay $5 if they are charging. OTH, for football, it is tossed in with the ticket based on giving level.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Particularly concessions. My career job was in the movie theater industry, so I have a very good idea of the profit to be made there. Of course, you have to have decent attendance for the income to be significant, but it indeed can be.

In fact, one of the factors that put Arizona "over the top" in their bid to host the WNIT in one of the later rounds was including some concession receipts in the bid.

At Arizona and Rutgers I didn't find that the "school store" by whatever name really was overly busy - of course, again, prices are, um, profitable. Where I did see a lot of action was in one of the rare softball games we made, they had recently put in a store (instead of a table) and they were doing good business.

Parking is a conundrum. U of A can't make up their mind, at times it is free and at times they charge when it might otherwise be free. Weekdays of course the deck is charge because it is for all folks, game or no game. We pay $5 if they are charging. OTH, for football, it is tossed in with the ticket based on giving level.
at UConn the school store is right outside Gampel before and after games it is very busy, if the seats are all occupied instead of 75% for big games across the board more school revenue.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
at UConn the school store is right outside Gampel before and after games it is very busy, if the seats are all occupied instead of 75% for big games across the board more school revenue.
Actually was there years ago, when we were living in NJ and there for a Rutgers fan.

Arizona has a branch of the "bookstore" as they call it outside the arena, but it closes at game time, at least for women's games.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Since the SC post game thread has been closed, this is in answering some responding posts to my opinions. Some from just a few hours ago by oldude and jmsdawg.

The Uconnhuskiesgame website box score has the total as 25 for CD
the reason I didn't put in the Baylor and Oregon points was because they were added in earlier by someone else.
point guard distributor of the ball the difference in assists with the other point guards is striking and not just because of missed shots
when early in both Baylor and SC games shut down defense of the players she was guarding was the thing that was needed was the thing she was failing at.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom