Attendance Cincy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Could have been worse...

Joey Knight@TBTimes_Bulls 2 hours ago
Actual attendance of yesterday's ECU-USF game (per Tampa Sports Authority): 16,585
It's always easier to find some silly point to compare than deal with the real issue of how to get the Rent filled up for football as it once was. Who cares what the crowd size was at Sfl vs ECU? How does that help UCONN improve attendance?

Reaction Score
It's always easier to find some silly point to compare than deal with the real issue of how to get the Rent filled up for football as it once was. Who cares what the crowd size was at Sfl vs ECU? How does that help UCONN improve attendance?

There is no secret or magic sauce on how to get the Rent filled and rocking again... win and they will come.

You're out of your league... wander on.

Reaction Score
There is no secret or magic sauce on how to get the Rent filled and rocking again... win and they will come.

You're out of your league... wander on.

He's about to be the first person ever on my ignore list. He's clueless

Reaction Score
He's about to be the first person ever on my ignore list. He's clueless
Are you 2 sitting next to each other in the same basement? Do you share a laptop or do you each have your own?

Reaction Score
Games are in East Hartford. On campus stadium and they show in droves. Wake up late from Fri night adventures, eat breakfast, drink beer then stroll over to stadium.

Now they: wake up late from Friday night adventures and miss bus.

Could we please stop the could have would have re an on campus stadium. I'm so tired of seeing that discussion on the Boneyard. Unless you are willing to contribute a couple million dollars to build a new stadium, it isn't going to happen in our lifetimes. Most is realize we are fortunate to have the Rent. This is a destitute state and we are lucky to have the Rent.
When we have an exciting team again, the students will come.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Are you 2 sitting next to each other in the same basement? Do you share a laptop or do you each have your own?

OK OK enough of this
Not taking sides - looks like you guys have issues with each other
I get your wondering what relevance that the SF/EC attendance has with UConn - I don't care what they draw
That doesn't mean that you or I are out of any league
I agree with the statement that UConn needs a more consistent product to draw the public - there is no excuse for the students - East Hartford or not

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Very small crowd but not surprising.Was hoping for 30K since Cincinnati has always given us fits but the fans, however many there were who did go, made good noise.

Our attendance is what it is. We are a mid 20s to low 30s crowd program right now and nothing will change that this year. Winning down in USF won't sell out the stadium against UCF. UConn has to figure out a way to sell more season tickets if it wants to improve its attendance. I have no idea how they'll do that but yesterday was a very good start. Play calling opened up and they even (gasp!) went for a 4th and short in Cincinnati territory (and converted!) and those are things casual and diehard fans want to see.

Let's just worry about getting more Ws this year.

Reaction Score
Could have been worse...

Joey Knight@TBTimes_Bulls 2 hours ago
Actual attendance of yesterday's ECU-USF game (per Tampa Sports Authority): 16,585

USF Football Attendance Is In Crisis
I get your wondering what relevance that the SF/EC attendance has with UConn - I don't care what they draw
@gtcam - There are a lot of people on this board who are also longtime big CFB fans (in addition to being UConn sports fans) and what happens in other programs (especially conference mates) are discussed and dissected here. CFB attendance is a hot topic. Your "who cares" comment to the Tennessee game thread started by someone is another example of college football fans in general discussing college football - if it doesn't tickle you move on. .

You are free to put me on "ignore" if you don't care to read my posts/comments - seriously, no offense will be taken.

Reaction Score
OK OK enough of this
Not taking sides - looks like you guys have issues with each other
That doesn't mean that you or I are out of any league
I agree with the statement that UConn needs a more consistent product to draw the public - there is no excuse for the students - East Hartford or not
You are again, a Clarion Voice in a forest of over simplification. Yes, success of all other AAC teams, including their attendance, benefits UCONN. Rising tide floats all ships. Besides the immortal words of the Great Al Davis ; "Just win Baby"! what else could be done to improve the Game Day Experience and increase attendance? In the Blue Parking Lot where I've been since the Rent opened, we lost the pre game Husky Walk, no longer see any Pep Band during Tail gate to fire up the crowd and no longer see cheerleaders or Dance Team coming around. The so called Fan Fest is not a winning proposition. Great if you want to spin the prize wheel for local radio stations, sign up for Dish TV (tried that), join the Marine Corps (did my time) so what are the other ideas to fill the seats? Happy to see several HS football teams represented in uniform in the crowd yesterday.

Reaction Score
Looked awful on TV? 20,000 ?
U lose two thirds of your games over 5 years, this is what u get. We are surprised?

I have been at the Rent for USA Soccer matches. Those provide a more accurate count. 15 to 20K max by those standards. I would guess about 17.5K.

Reaction Score
U lose two thirds of your games over 5 years, this is what u get. We are surprised?

I have been at the Rent for USA Soccer matches. Those provide a more accurate count. 15 to 20K max by those standards. I would guess about 17.5K.
You can't really go by just who is sitting in the seats. Walk around the stadium...people watch from the concourse all the time. It is a big issue that eventually they need to fix. It has been an issue since the place was opened.

Last edited:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
When talking about attendance its always fun to play that "what if" game with having an on-campus stadium vs. The Rent. The problem is Storrs is just too hard to get to for the majority of the state. We'd have a full student section (maybe- or at least when they're winning) but there would be very little fans otherwise from across the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom