Attendance Cincy | The Boneyard

Attendance Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
20k is what it felt like in the stadium. Even the student section was no more than 75% full at its highest capacity. It appeared they gave the students white tshirts and white pom poms though which was cool.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Box score says 24,169, although it looked like less on TV.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced that if all of our games were at 1:30 or later attendance would be much higher across the board. There's something about noon and earlier starts that just doesn't click with CT natives.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. It was a very late crowd. But it did fill in a bit. Not the 35,000 I was hoping for but I estimated it at 26,000 before I heard the official numbers. Very subdued crowd in the first half but it woke up when UConn started playing. As disappointing of a crowd it was, I was most disappointed in the student showing. It was about 50% full to it normal numbers. I would expect to see almost double the students show up for games then normally do. This is their school. Where's the spirit. More than 1,000 kids live on campus who are looking for something to do. Additionally, I was totally disappointed that more than 2/3 of them left just after halftime. There are excuses for the small crowd as the Hartford Marathon with more than 20,000 participants was occurring just before and during the beginning of the game. However, 3 or 4 people in front of me ran the marathon and still showed up for the game. I was impressed with that. I think it will take consistent winning to draw bigger crowds. We had them once and I'm certain we can get them back if we start winning consistently. Its too bad there are so many fair weather fans (or I should call them spectators, not fans)

Reaction Score
I was at the game. It was a very late crowd. But it did fill in a bit. Not the 35,000 I was hoping for but I estimated it at 26,000 before I heard the official numbers. Very subdued crowd in the first half but it woke up when UConn started playing. As disappointing of a crowd it was, I was most disappointed in the student showing. It was about 50% full to it normal numbers. I would expect to see almost double the students show up for games then normally do. This is their school. Where's the spirit. More than 1,000 kids live on campus who are looking for something to do. Additionally, I was totally disappointed that more than 2/3 of them left just after halftime. There are excuses for the small crowd as the Hartford Marathon with more than 20,000 participants was occurring just before and during the beginning of the game. However, 3 or 4 people in front of me ran the marathon and still showed up for the game. I was impressed with that. I think it will take consistent winning to draw bigger crowds. We had them once and I'm certain we can get them back if we start winning consistently. Its too bad there are so many fair weather fans (or I should call them spectators, not fans)

Students don't want 11:30AM starts. They would rather sleep. It just is what it is. If you could roll out of bed and walk to the stadium it would be different.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We really could have built some momentum with the Cuse game but the first quarter basically doomed us.

I have to say, the "pricing structure" they're using for the tickets still needs to be ratcheted down. Other than Cuse, there was no game that we should be charging more than $25 per ticket at this stage.

Reaction Score
Did anybody expect the attendance numbers to be good for a team that has been underwhelming thus far (to put it nicely)? Those who were there made noise once things started to click.

And the students get a pass in my eyes. They showed up for the first few games, can't say the same about the rest of the fan base.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Coming off a pitiful showing vs. Houston with a pitiful start time it is what it is. Didn't help there was about half a row of people in the Cincinnati section. And that stupid "family section!" There are people with youngsters spread all throughout the stadium. Sure it's nice to offer a booze free area but unless all the other seats are full and you're dying to go to the game no one is really seeking it out. Ironically enough they're right in front of the scoreboard drunks.

Reaction Score
Games are in East Hartford. On campus stadium and they show in droves. Wake up late from Fri night adventures, eat breakfast, drink beer then stroll over to stadium.

Now they: wake up late from Friday night adventures and miss bus.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I haven't seen a gate scanned number but I'd be surprised if it was over 20-21k. Felt like the smallest crowd for an FBS game where weather wasn't bad and was actually good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That concert was going to be death for student attendance yesterday. They had a big late Friday combined with an 11:30 kick and it was a given the students would stay home.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If we pull it off vs USF (exorcising the demons of two teams we've just not been able to beat for years) we should be back in the low 30s for UCF on homecoming. If we get a win streak going could be the same for Temple on a Friday night. Unless we're playing for a spot in the CCG Tulane may be a friends and family crowd.

Reaction Score
Students don't want 11:30AM starts. They would rather sleep. It just is what it is. If you could roll out of bed and walk to the stadium it would be different.
Pretty sad! Agreed we're not performing up to par, but as has been said, this is their school and their team. That they'd prefer to sleep doesn't say much for the on campus spirit and team support.

Reaction Score
Homecoming crowd should be good but yesterday was just awful. At the end of the day, all I care about is getting the W. The fans that were there made noise and got behind the boys. That being said, 24k is not P5 caliber. We better hope the Big 12 doesn't expand this season; yesterday brought down our average attendance numbers a good amount.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
24400? Thought I heard here yesterday

Reaction Score
And the students get a pass in my eyes. They showed up for the first few games, can't say the same about the rest of the fan base.
Amen. Freshmen & sophomores would barely remember a UConn football season that could be called "fun." Why, after the miserable losses to Navy and Syracuse, and the humiliation at Houston, would they want to turn out for the Cincy game?

I'm glad we won and have renewed hope for a 6- or 7-win season, but we're still a mostly very boring team, and one that shoots itself in the foot with bad coaching on the regular. That's a tough sell to any fans, but especially to students who'd rather be sleeping off their hangovers.

Reaction Score
BAD BAD BAD. Many left in the 4th with a one score game !!
I left after Uconn kicked the field goal to go up 20-9. I then left The Rent to pick up a friend and go to The XL Center for Uconn hockey at 4:00. I'd like to know how many fans did that. A great day with a double victory with the Huskies also shutting out Alabama-Huntsville 4-0.

Reaction Score
I left after Uconn kicked the field goal to go up 20-9. I then left The Rent to pick up a friend and go to The XL Center for Uconn hockey at 4:00. I'd like to know how many fans did that. A great day with a double victory with the Huskies also shutting out Alabama-Huntsville 4-0.
Plus the soccer team wiped Cincy out as well yesterday afternoon.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Homecoming crowd should be good but yesterday was just awful. At the end of the day, all I care about is getting the W. The fans that were there made noise and got behind the boys. That being said, 24k is not P5 caliber. We better hope the Big 12 doesn't expand this season; yesterday brought down our average attendance numbers a good amount.

I don't see realignment/expansion this year. Maybe in eight or so years when the TV contracts are up. Then Texas and OU leave the Big 12 and we get together with the leftovers.

The football gods have granted us a few years to get our together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom