Attempting to make the solo trek to Dallas - help/advice needed | The Boneyard

Attempting to make the solo trek to Dallas - help/advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So I just got the OK from the wife to make the solo trip to Dallas for the Final Four (leaving my wife and 2yo son at home) as long as I can keep the total travel bill below $1k. I have been to every UConn bowl game, and many NCAA/BE Tourney games, but this will be my first Final Four (always had something going on where I could not go in the past, but this time I am going to make it work). So I am looking for some help/info on a few things:

Tickets

What is my best bet for tickets? I am a donor, but I obviously cannot get the tickets through UConn with my budget given the crazy-expensive hotel requirements. Is there anyone who is a donor that is planning on buying tickets and either have one extra or willing to buy one extra for me? If my hail-mary plea for tickets from another donor doesn't come through, what is my best bet for tickets? Should I go through stubhub ahead of time? Or should I wait until I get to Dallas? What can I expect for scalping a single ticket oustide the stadium? What am I looking at for prices/locations realistically?

Fellow UConn Fans

Given that I am making the trip by my lonesome, I am hoping to connect with fellow UConn fans in Dallas. Anyone going with a large group where I could join in (I will buy the first round)? Or is there a group of boneyearders getting together at a specfic location in Dallas?

If any fellow donors can or other fans can help me with a single ticket, please send me a PM. Or if yo have any advice/info on my best bet for tickets and info on meeting up with fellow UConn fans in Dallas, please reply.

Thanks ahead of time fellow UConn fans...can't wait for Saturday!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been to '99, '04 and '11. Connecting with other fans will not be a problem. Getting tickets as an alumnus should not be a problem; they will release them without the hotel requirement within a day or two if they don't sell out the packages. Getting a reasonable flight will be your biggest hurdle. Book the flight, get a rental car and hotel and wait on the tickets to become available.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good luck... keeping it under a grand is gonna be tough.
But saying you kept *it* under a grand is not nearly as tough. It all depends on what "it" is.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Good luck... keeping it under a grand is gonna be tough.

I am going to fly into Houston instead of Dallas. I will have to pay $100 for airfare (using some miles...which don't count in my budget:))instead of $800. And I will have to pay $120 for a rental car instead of $600. So my airfare plus rental car has me at $220. If I can get myself a ticket for face value, that will have me up to $550. So I would have about $450 to get me 4 nights at a hotel...obviously I will not be able to stay in any of the 'official' hotels, but I figure I should be able to find a reasonable hotel outside of the core area for that price.

Luckily, the entertainment and souvenir budget is exclusive of the $1000 limit:)

Now...just to find that face value ticket....hopefully you all are right and they eventually have tickets through UConn without the hotel requirement.

Reaction Score
I just booked a room in Plano, TX (Courtyard) for $80 (AAA rate). Plano is about 25 miles from Arlington. For the budget conscious, flying into Austin, Houston, Tyler, College Station might work. Cars would be available and cheaper there.

Reaction Score
So I just got the OK from the wife to make the solo trip to Dallas for the Final Four (leaving my wife and 2yo son at home) as long as I can keep the total travel bill below $1k. I have been to every UConn bowl game, and many NCAA/BE Tourney games, but this will be my first Final Four (always had something going on where I could not go in the past, but this time I am going to make it work). So I am looking for some help/info on a few things:

Tickets

What is my best bet for tickets? I am a donor, but I obviously cannot get the tickets through UConn with my budget given the crazy-expensive hotel requirements. Is there anyone who is a donor that is planning on buying tickets and either have one extra or willing to buy one extra for me? If my hail-mary plea for tickets from another donor doesn't come through, what is my best bet for tickets? Should I go through stubhub ahead of time? Or should I wait until I get to Dallas? What can I expect for scalping a single ticket oustide the stadium? What am I looking at for prices/locations realistically?

Fellow UConn Fans

Given that I am making the trip by my lonesome, I am hoping to connect with fellow UConn fans in Dallas. Anyone going with a large group where I could join in (I will buy the first round)? Or is there a group of boneyearders getting together at a specfic location in Dallas?

If any fellow donors can or other fans can help me with a single ticket, please send me a PM. Or if yo have any advice/info on my best bet for tickets and info on meeting up with fellow UConn fans in Dallas, please reply.

A grand passed me by yesterday. Good luck!

Reaction Score

Tickets

Fellow UConn Fans

Glad you can do it for a grand. I could of maybe if I drove but decided I will fly this time and it is a 606 on SW from Atlanta. Delta was over 1K. No way! I got a rental car booked in downtown and now just need to find a cheap hotel. Does anyone know if the Galleria area is decent? I might priceline name your own price a 3.5 star hotel there for under $75. I will be over 1K easily though.

My youngest bro might be bailing on me as we have gone in 2004, 2009 and 2011 together. Would suck but he is married now and has to get permission. LOL. Wow is that what married life is I don't want to get into that. LOL. I will be going solo if he doesn't go. I will get tickets through the school as I'm just an Alumni but I have never had issues before. If you want to meet up just IM me your number or email and I would love to meet up with a fellow husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom