aTm to the SEC: now official... | The Boneyard

aTm to the SEC: now official...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
VT is not going without UVa. FSU would certainly shuffle the deck on expansion, but I think Florida will fight it for a while. WVU and Louisville are not on the radar for the SEC.

Reaction Score
I can see WVA or USF if FSU doesn't bolt while the getting is good. If true that they want a "big time program" for ACC and that doesn't appear to be happening quck, now is the time to move before they are exposed any more and their stock drops. Just speculating...

Reaction Score
VT is not going without UVa. FSU would certainly shuffle the deck on expansion, but I think Florida will fight it for a while. WVU and Louisville are not on the radar for the SEC.

If Mizzou rejects formally I suspect it will be 1 of Clemson, Va Tech, FSU and even possibly Ga Tech. All could face challenges, so issue is which sister school is most flexible.

Reaction Score

what makes you say VT won't go without UVA? Because VT was helped into the ACC by UVA? They've been in different conferences before. Slive has said they would like to grow markets - Mizzou fits in this scenario.

Reaction Score
I can see WVA or USF if FSU doesn't bolt while the getting is good. If true that they want a "big time program" for ACC and that doesn't appear to be happening quck, now is the time to move before they are exposed any more and their stock drops. Just speculating...

This post made me realize that the SEC could definitely get FSU if they wanted them, the SEC just needs to make the offer and say we are going to offer South Florida if you turn us down. How could FSU say no?

Reaction Score
This post made me realize that the SEC could definitely get FSU if they wanted them, the SEC just needs to make the offer and say we are going to offer South Florida if you turn us down. How could FSU say no?
which would explain Swofford's defensive move to take Syracuse and Pitt. What if FSU and Clemson leave? They still are at 12.

Reaction Score
You gotta figure the SEC already knows who #14 will be, don't you think?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sportscenter reporting that they will start play in 2012. that speeds things up a bit, you have to think the sec gets to at least 14 for next year now...

Reaction Score
I believe Missouri has already rejected the sec and will stay in the big 9 until and unless the b1g comes calling

Reaction Score
You gotta figure the SEC already knows who #14 will be, don't you think?

No. If it's not Mizzou, I'm sure Swlife knows who he is recommending but the most obvious choices (FSU and Clemson) have in-state opposition. No matter who he recommends, there will be some opposition and he will have to do some concensus building. But I think he needs to move quickily before the ACC locks up all his candidates more tightly. Hopefully, Swofford already knows UConn will replace that team.

Reaction Score
Curious if the SEC would ever consider a TCU? This would put the SEC in Houston and Dallas markets.
Other candidates are: VT, NCSU, Clemson, FSU, and you wonder if WVU comes back into play b/c Mizzou is a no. It will be interesting, just hope it happens quick.

Reaction Score
We better hope it is not Missouri. If it is, B12 could raid the BE for a replacement school or 2. BE could get even more weaker.

I personally hope the SEC raid the ACC for a school. Schools like NCST, VTECH, FSU and Clemson make too much sense as far as fit goes. Once they take #14 from the ACC, it will be good for us.

Reaction Score
I always thought Florida would fight FSU until you realize that both are state schools. The poiliticians could get involved and all of a sudden Florida's objection disappears.

Reaction Score

First of all I'm pretty sure FSU would accept if offered - the issue is that the SEC may not offer b/c it's not a new market and UF opposition.

Second there is NO way the SEC takes USF. Why on earth would they dilute their FB brand?

Reaction Score
If it's really only new markets the SEC wants and we're only talking ACC at the moment, that leaves NC State or VA Tech as potential targets.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm still puzzled by the B12. OU and OSU want the LHN to be roped. They didn't get that. The PAC rejected the four team package primarily because of the LHN. They did not specifically say they objected to OS and OSU. Mizzou has an offer from the SEC. No one has signed any agreements with the proposals. So Mizzou could still head to the SEC. And the SEC could consider adding OU and OSU as the 15th and 16th teams. Or the PAC could be afraid of this event and make them an offer.

I'm still leaning to the breakup of the B12. The remaining schools Texas, TT, IS, Baylor, Kansas and KState will probably consider the BE football teams in a partnership for all sports. The ACC will decide if they make the move for UConn and Rutgers. ND stays tight and Texas goes independent.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
We better hope it is not Missouri. If it is, B12 could raid the BE for a replacement school or 2. BE could get even more weaker.

I personally hope the SEC raid the ACC for a school. Schools like NCST, VTECH, FSU and Clemson make too much sense as far as fit goes. Once they take #14 from the ACC, it will be good for us.

I hear ya. I hope it isn't Mizzou either. Mizzou seems to be waiting by the phone (for almost 2 years) for a call from the B1G. And that phone doesn't appear to be ringing anytime soon. But if Mizzou declines an SEC invite and decides to ride out the strom (Big XII), that's a big risk and honestly they would be crazy to do so.

Reaction Score
I dont care how bad Mizz wanted the B1g, it just seems dumb to pass on the most powerful conference in sports

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Does the Big10 get into the action? Is Mizzou their next best target after ND & Texas?

Maybe the Big10 wants all the other conferences to go to 16, while they spliy their big pot of gold 12 ways & wait for ND.

If I am Mizzou, I am not waiting fro Texas to decide my fate. I am SEC or Big10 bound by next weekend if they will take me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Missouri did seem to choose the Big 12 over the SEC for some reason. I think the money was pretty close, and maybe 1 of 9 felt like they had more control of their athletic department than 1 of 14.

Reaction Score
I personally hope the SEC plucks FSU, Clemson and Virginia Tech. I detest the ACC for the slimy way they raided the Big East and the arrogance of Duke and NC. However, if that happens, all the posters who want UConn in the ACC will probably get their wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom