ATLANTIC HOCKEY ALL ROOKIE TEAM - SNUB | The Boneyard

ATLANTIC HOCKEY ALL ROOKIE TEAM - SNUB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone in the UConn Hockey Dept, Sports Information Dept., etc... fell asleep at the wheel when it came to this years freshman hockey players and the AHA All Rookie Team. Granted im a UConn alum,fan and im probably biased on my opinion here but something doesn't smell right when we don't have one player who didnt make this post season honor. Nichols (goalie) 8-1-2 record with a .942 Save Percentage and a 1.81 Goals Against Average(highest save percentage in league,lowest goals against average in league, best winning percentage in league). Norris (forward) 9-10-19 total points, +4 with 11 block shots. Segalla (defenseman) 1-13-14 points total (ranked 10 nationally for freshman defenseman in points), -2, 39 block shots. Kunnas (defenseman) 2-11-13 points total (ranked 12 nationally for freshman defenseman in points), +2, 24 block shots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
G Nichols was absolutely snubbed. F John Danforth of SHU is legitimate. F David Norris of AIC is also legit. F C.J. Reuchlein of Army vs F Norris is tough, toss-up. D Vince Muto of Niagra has 16 points (4g, 12a) and an edge on D Segalla. But Segalla probably should have gotten the nod ahead of SHU's D Mitch Nylen.

So I'd say two of our freshman were absolutely snubbed. Bulletin board material. We're not respected.

Reaction Score
When you're on the way out of a league you can expect to be snubbed unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

Reaction Score
The all-rookie team is about the future, so it isn't too surprising that a team that won't be part of the future of the league wouldn't have all-rookie team members. And you can make a case for all those guys who were selected. Even the ones who not as good as our guys were good players.

Reaction Score
I guess I am not going to get too upset about it because when they are sophomores our guys will be in Hockey East. Those guys will still be in the AHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom