Atlantic City Reportedly Now Under Consideration For AAC Tournament | The Boneyard

Atlantic City Reportedly Now Under Consideration For AAC Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"American Athletic Conference officials will also begin their spring meetings next week in Florida, with a logo for the newly named conference, plus the sites of the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments the primary items on the agenda…Memphis and Philadelphia remain the leading contenders for the men, although Atlantic City is receiving some consideration…"

http://ajerseyguy.com

Reaction Score
"American Athletic Conference officials will also begin their spring meetings next week in Florida, with a logo for the newly named conference, plus the sites of the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments the primary items on the agenda…Memphis and Philadelphia remain the leading contenders for the men, although Atlantic City is receiving some consideration…"

http://ajerseyguy.com

Yes please

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You're sh!tting me. For whom is that convenient? If no MSG, why not Barclay?

Atlantic 10 has the Barclays Center for their tournament 3/13 - 16, 2014, so it was never a consideration.

Reaction Score
I really wish they hurry up and choose a venue. I will be happy as long as you could easily get there from Connecticut.

Reaction Score
AC would be a horrible choice. Boardwalk Hall is the Palestra without the history or charm. They should either go with a first class, modern facility or something meaningful in basketball circles. Boardwalk Hall is neither. The A10 was thrilled to get out of there and into the Barclays Center. If the AAC picks Atlantic City they've effectively admitted it's a mid-major class league.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me how the Palestra is going to work for the semi finals? Let's say Uconn, Louisville, Temple and Memphis make it there. The Palestra is smaller than Gampel. So each school will get about 2,000 tickets each?

Reaction Score
The choice should be Memphis. State of the art NBA Arena Fed Ex Forum in a basketball crazed city that seats 18,000+ vs The Palestra which seats 8700. Your giving up potentially 9000-10000 tickets sold to hold it in in Philly.A semi final next year of Louisville, Memphis, UConn, and Cincinnati played in Memphis would lead to a packed house. With Louisville in the league for a year there should be no problem selling out in Philly but after that? You better hope Temple is really good year after year for Philly to give a hoot about that tournament. Don't think the city will flock to a Cincinnati-UConn final.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me how the Palestra is going to work for the semi finals? Let's say Uconn, Louisville, Temple and Memphis make it there. The Palestra is smaller than Gampel. So each school will get about 2,000 tickets each?

The schools would each get 500 for the whole tournament and everyone is on their own.

Reaction Score
Barclay's! Kick out A-10. Who the hell is left in that conference anyway?

UConn, Louisville, Memphis, Temple, Cincy, Rutgers.

That's a helluva show over a few days.

Reaction Score
If this tournament can fill the building in Memphis for the title game I will be surprised. If Memphis isn't in that game and the building has even 12000 in it I'll be shocked.

The Palestra might be a better choice. Personally, I was hoping for Orlando if it was played in the south. Everyone will travel there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If this tournament can fill the building in Memphis for the title game I will be surprised. If Memphis isn't in that game and the building has even 12000 in it I'll be shocked.

The Palestra might be a better choice. Personally, I was hoping for Orlando if it was played in the south. Everyone will travel there.

They had the ACC tourney in Tampa and no one went.

This league would be well served to try and get the fans of the best program to buy in. Hartford should host the first tournament. If they have a clue they will try and put it at Mohegan Sun long term.

Reaction Score
A10 has 4 year agreement with the Barclay center starting last year. Didn't the new BE just sign a 16 year agreement with MSG.

Reaction Score
A10 has 4 year agreement with the Barclay center starting last year. Didn't the new BE just sign a 16 year agreement with MSG.

There are outs for both arenas. If the makeup of the conference changes, there are outs.

Reaction Score
Playing in Atlantic City would be a joke. As many have said here, playing in Memphis or Hartford is a better tie in to the 2 best known programs in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Great. A big giant dudie in a big giant dudie. That would literally stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom