Atlanta Dream @ New York Liberty - 6/19/18 | The Boneyard

Atlanta Dream @ New York Liberty - 6/19/18

Reaction Score
Kia got another 28 minutes off the bench, second most minutes only to Tina. Put her in and she doesn't come out.

Reaction Score
The Liberty seemed to come alive in the 4th quarter. Kia had four, maybe six points, in the 4th quarter on "breakaways" in transition. The light bulb finally went on as her teammates, Boyd in particular (11 assists), found her open ahead of the pack racing down the floor. Also, Kia's minor "dust-up" with Breland may have ignited the team as well. If you didn't see the game, in the 4th quarter Kia and Breland went up for a 50-50 rebound that Kia appeared to come down with (didn't know she could jump that high). There was a tussle for the ball as Kia seemed to pull it away, only to be thrown to the ground by Breland (not saying it was necessarily intentional) in the process. Kia got up looking like she was ready to go all Darnell on her but Kia Vaughn stepped in to protect her, of course not realizing that Kia doesn't need protection. The teams were quickly separated without further incident and both Vaughn and Breland got technical fouls after the play was reviewed. Kia just dusted herself off. It may be the kind of emotion needed to circle the wagons and get the team going. Kia's three-point shots are consistently falling yet but she played tenacious defense last night. I can't recall anyone she was guarding actually scoring but I'm sure there must have been a few. In any event, it was a good game for the Liberty and although Charles continues to the beast she is, it was a good team effort down the stretch. And yes, when Kia gets in, she usually doesn't leave unless she's in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
As the broadcasters mentioned numerous times, Brittany Boyd was the catalyst in the Liberty victory. Boyd pushed the pace and found anybody who ran the floor a la Nurse, hence the 11 assists. You normally don't get that from Bria Hartley.

Reaction Score
As the broadcasters mentioned numerous times, Brittany Boyd was the catalyst in the Liberty victory. Boyd pushed the pace and found anybody who ran the floor a la Nurse, hence the 11 assists. You normally don't get that from Bria Hartley.

I guess that first video I posted in this thread isn’t a normal occurrence. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Liberty seemed to come alive in the 4th quarter. Kia had four, maybe six points, in the 4th quarter on "breakaways" in transition. The light bulb finally went on as her teammates, Boyd in particular (11 assists), found her open ahead of the pack racing down the floor. Also, Kia's minor "dust-up" with Breland may have ignited the team as well. If you didn't see the game, in the 4th quarter Kia and Breland went up for a 50-50 rebound that Kia appeared to come down with (didn't know she could jump that high). There was a tussle for the ball as Kia seemed to pull it away, only to be thrown to the ground by Breland (not saying it was necessarily intentional) in the process. Kia got up looking like she was ready to go all Darnell on her but Kia Vaughn stepped in to protect her, of course not realizing that Kia doesn't need protection. The teams were quickly separated without further incident and both Vaughn and Breland got technical fouls after the play was reviewed. Kia just dusted herself off. It may be the kind of emotion needed to circle the wagons and get the team going. Kia's three-point shots are consistently falling yet but she played tenacious defense last night. I can't recall anyone she was guarding actually scoring but I'm sure there must have been a few. In any event, it was a good game for the Liberty and although Charles continues to the beast she is, it was a good team effort down the stretch. And yes, when Kia gets in, she usually doesn't leave unless she's in foul trouble.

Rookies have to show the veteran players that they deserve and demand their respect. Once the vets realize they won't take cheap shots lying down, they won't be as quick to try.

I'm glad to see that Kia is standing her ground. Kia will be a lot more comfortable next season. I expect all of her numbers to increase then. Until then, she can be a very effective defender, much like Alana Beard is for the Sparks. Judging from what we've seen thus far, I'd say that Kia has established herself and her worth to the team. I know it's very early, but I'm guessing that Kia will be a welcomed addition to this franchise for awhile. This was a much needed win for NY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom