Athletic limbo: University of Houston pouring cash into sports, but will its 'Power 5' push pay off? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Athletic limbo: University of Houston pouring cash into sports, but will its 'Power 5' push pay off?

Reaction Score
Honest question... key point of the original article was how Houston is investing to position itself for the future. Facilities, coaching, etc. Is UConn investing to the same degree? I honestly don’t know, but that feels like the biggest gap to your P5 ambitions.

Reaction Score
I had no idea Maryland meant so much to you. That would mean so much to the Terp fans. Validation at last.

I found his statement funny as well. ACC old config to me was original 9. So that’s more attractive than that plus former Big East school + original 9. Made no sense to me...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Honest question... key point of the original article was how Houston is investing to position itself for the future. Facilities, coaching, etc. Is UConn investing to the same degree? I honestly don’t know, but that feels like the biggest gap to your P5 ambitions.
It isn't.

The Burton, Shankman and Werth facilities are worlds better than the vast majority of the P5.

I don't know if you've been the Rent but it is a great place to see a game. It is smallish but P5 sized at 40K and is easily expanded to 50K.

Gampel is great and storied court. It is due for a renovation to add a concourse.

UConn is currently revamping it's on campus soccer, baseball and softball stadia. After that the hockey rink is next up.
upload_2018-6-24_12-15-3-png.32357

Our facilities are solid all ready but rather than rest on that we are actively working on them, like any good athletic department should.

Reaction Score
It isn't.

The Burton, Shankman and Werth facilities are worlds better than the vast majority of the P5.

I don't know if you've been the Rent but it is a great place to see a game. It is smallish but P5 sized at 40K and is easily expanded to 50K.

Gampel is great and storied court. It is due for a renovation to add a concourse.

UConn is currently revamping it's on campus soccer, baseball and softball stadia. After that the hockey rink is next up.
upload_2018-6-24_12-15-3-png.32357

Our facilities are solid all ready but rather than rest on that we are actively working on them, like any good athletic department should.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom