OT: - Athletic departments designing logos for athletes? | The Boneyard

OT: Athletic departments designing logos for athletes?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score

I'm not entirely sure if this is legit or trolling to be honest. The logos give me some serious "Graphic design is my passion" vibes though.

Edit: Upon further digging, USC Hoops retweeted it and posted it a couple of times on their Twitter account so it seems legit.

Reaction Score
Get used to it. With that being said, I need a brand logo for myself.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I'm not entirely sure if this is legit or trolling to be honest. The logos give me some serious "Graphic design is my passion" vibes though.

Edit: Upon further digging, USC Hoops retweeted it and posted it a couple of times on their Twitter account so it seems legit.

Ethan Anderson, welcome to USC. You are being sued by Electronic Arts.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Some of these look almost exactly like current branding…one that jumped out immediately was Paul George. Seems like some possible copyright issues if this is real.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Get used to it. With that being said, I need a brand logo for myself.

If only there were a way for that to happen. If only.

1624963461056.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If I were Reese Waters I'd feel like I got short changed.

His logo looks like they designers had 5 minutes before the assignment was due when they got to his name.
Group think and time crunch = squiggly line by the arts dept. Then the presenter has to think on the fly what the image represents. "It's water. Yeah, it's water".

Reaction Score
I think my favorite part about this is that they couldn't even color match the top and bottom border to the background of the logos. Truly heinous in every way.

Reaction Score
Curious if the school is doing this and giving them 100% of the logo rights, or if it’s just another way to milk these kids

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Tax payer dollars should not be wasted on this

Reaction Score
This is literally the type of things the kids should be paying for with their new found fortune
My guess is most will do that but navigating the NIL landscape and helping players manage that will no doubt he a big recruiting pitch going forward. I have much more issue with the results of this help than the actual help itself.

Reaction Score
If I'm a graphic arts kid in school (and can draw up some good logos and graphics), I'd setup a hustle for these newfound NIL athletes to get me some Ted's money, a beater car down payment, or heck a new BMW if I latch onto a good one. My pitch would be comission on thier take for media services rendered. Heck, run thier social media for them too. Why not get your cut as well if you can.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I'm a graphic arts kid in school (and can draw up some good logos and graphics), I'd setup a hustle for these newfound NIL athletes to get me some Ted's money, a beater car down payment, or heck a new BMW if I latch onto a good one. My pitch would be comission on thier take for media services rendered. Heck, run thier social media for them too. Why not get your cut as well if you can.
There are already websites cropping up on the Internet. I agree, it’s a good play.

Reaction Score
There are already websites cropping up on the Internet. I agree, it’s a good play.
NIL Enterprises is my franchise in case anyone is interested.

Services include: NIL logo design, brand management and growth, social media management, booking and appearance management, digital creative and marketing services as well.

My pitch is: I am your one stop shop so you can stay focused on your game and meet committments, um I mean, so I can do your NIL work for you so you get good grades, stay in school, and don't miss a beat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
NIL Enterprises is my franchise in case anyone is interested.

Services include: NIL logo design, brand management and growth, social media management, booking and appearance management, digital creative and marketing services as well.

My pitch is: I am your one stop shop so you can stay focused on your game and meet committments, um I mean, so I can do your NIL work for you so you get good grades, stay in school, and don't miss a beat.
Do I get a piece of this action?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom