Athlete Institute vs. Thornlea S.S.(Javonte Brown-Ferguson) | The Boneyard

Athlete Institute vs. Thornlea S.S.(Javonte Brown-Ferguson)

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Streamed live on January 7th, 2020.

Reaction Score
Whose idea was it to play a game with both teams having dark jerseys? Anyway, for ease of identification Javonte Brown Ferguson is number 9 on the purple team.

What's with all the one handed passes?

Reaction Score
That’s unwatchable.
Lol I’ve tried to watch a couple of his games posted here and I appreciate those who posted them but I just can’t. And I like high school ball. I liked watching james Akinjos games and Gaffneys. They had well coached teams and had teams that played hard with a nice system. I don’t see that on these games.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
That’s unwatchable.
Lol I’ve tried to watch a couple of his games posted here and I appreciate those who posted them but I just can’t. And I like high school ball. I liked watching james Akinjos games and Gaffneys. They had well coached teams and had teams that played hard with a nice system. I don’t see that on these games.

Yeah, the level he's playing at isn't great. I was excited to see him go up against another 7-footer but that kid was extremely soft. Against this competition, Javonte Brown Ferguson scores or gets to the free-throw line just about every time he touches the ball anywhere near the block.

He does throw a lot of one-handed, seemingly careless passes but it shows he has a flair for creativity on the offensive end and that he knows how much better he is than his current competition.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
That’s unwatchable.
I got through the first quarter.

Javonte Brown Ferguson played well - 8 points, 6 rebounds, a steal, and several hockey assists. He's very long, and his agility, mobility, and balance were a pleasant surprise (I admit this last observation could be a result of Josh Carlton bias).

The other team was terrible, to be blunt.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Canadian high school basketball is so hard to watch. Compare the level of competitiveness, intensity in this game to that of any tristate prep ball game, shoot of most higher level US public school games, it’s night and day.

At any rate there are only a handful of 7 footers with JBFs frame and mobility each year. He’s a good blank slate for Kenya and Sal to work with. Glad he’s a husky.

Reaction Score
Going to be honest. He has a LONG way to go man. Very easily could give us nothing till his third year on campus. Probably needs to redshirt.

I guess i think he will be good. He’s just young and needs time. Lots and lots of time.

I think he'd be best off with a traditional PG year and a redshirt even after that. Hell get eaten alive how he plays now. College teams will just execute on offense and he won't keep up, even if they have no 7 footers.

Need Cliff.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Javonte Brown Ferguson redshirt and Cliff comment here. Git r done Coach

Reaction Score
I was going to say we should just stick him at a prep that we feel does a good job. Get him in 2021 class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom