At Werth Center Welcome Mat is Out | The Boneyard

At Werth Center Welcome Mat is Out

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Notebook: Huskies put welcome mat out

On its way back to Pennsylvania Saturday following an exhibition loss to UMass in Amherst the previous night, the Kutztown University women's basketball team stopped at the UConn campus to watch the Huskies' practice as they prepared for their exhibition game Sunday with Ashland (Ohio).

"One of the things I was talking to our coaches about was these are girls who love basketball so much and continue to play," Samuelson said. "You never realize that they might look up to us and might be fans of our team. It's almost surreal thinking about that.

"But not only that, we want to show them or every crowd that comes here what we do as Connecticut basketball. We know we want to uphold a certain standard and show them what it means to be at this university and what we've been working for."

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Another great Pennsylvanian, Arnold Palmer, was also really good at not "big leaguing" people. Both have created enormous amounts of good will. Above and beyond, doing it the right way.

Can't recall seeing a Husky or former Husky acting or speaking in an arrogant, superior manner. Great ambassadors for their team, the University, and the sport.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Another great Pennsylvanian, Arnold Palmer, was also really good at not "big leaguing" people. Both have created enormous amounts of good will. Above and beyond, doing it the right way.

Can't recall seeing a Husky or former Husky acting or speaking in an arrogant, superior manner. Great ambassadors for their team, the University, and the sport.
Yeah. Well we fans sure do make up for the humility shown by current and former Husky players, don't we?

Reaction Score

Huskee11- - A great story I've told before on BY-
Rebecca Lobo's freshman year at UCONN talking to a teammate how UCONN fans are hanging on everywhere the girls go. CD was close by and when teammate left went up to RL and read her the riot act how UCONN WBB fans were the reason they'll be successful and the reason they play, and she better not hear Rebecca knock the fans again! Since then RL is one of the most approachable, kindly Husky to the fans of any UCONN player/alumni!

Reaction Score

On its way back to Pennsylvania Saturday following an exhibition loss to UMass in Amherst the previous night, the Kutztown University women's basketball team stopped at the UConn campus to watch the Huskies' practice as they prepared for their exhibition game Sunday with Ashland (Ohio).

"One of the things I was talking to our coaches about was these are girls who love basketball so much and continue to play," Samuelson said. "You never realize that they might look up to us and might be fans of our team. It's almost surreal thinking about that.

"But not only that, we want to show them or every crowd that comes here what we do as Connecticut basketball. We know we want to uphold a certain standard and show them what it means to be at this university and what we've been working for."

The STANDARD for every women's team to attempt to achieve. Great of Uconn and Geno to have this open door policy. It was also true at Gampel practices upon request.
Last evening I watched the post Miss St. game interviews of Kia, Gabby, Napheesa, Danger, Katie Lou, Saniya---I have never seen such an abusive use of fine women. Having already bawled their eyes out, on the verge of tears, stupid and sometimes personal question asked of them. The media was shame ful.
I came away with great disgust for those holding these women but I came away with great pride in how much personal courage and emotional control, especially from Kia, to not poke one or 5 of those "journalists". Christine and Geno developed great women and excellent BB players. Napheesa, with a slip said in the locker room --her bad moment was when Geno began crying--immediately corrected it saying when she began crying. Either way they and Geno were great.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Be careful putting them up here.

ionic-greek-column-or-pedestal-picture-id182678907

They're human like the rest of us.

Don't be so humble, you're not that good. (DT)

Reaction Score

That is the result of Christine Dailey's Charm School all new recruits get it , before they get a microphone shoved in their face . It is apparent they are trained to not to speak poorly (in English) or negatively about others including opponents.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah. Well we fans sure do make up for the humility shown by current and former Husky players, don't we?

Hey, it is absolutely how we are suppose to behave - overconfident, enthusiastic to a fault, loud and proud; just no denigrating the opponent and most of us get that.

Reaction Score

A nice reminder of the open door policy at UCONN and sets an example of what amateur athletics should still be all about even in this day and age.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom