At UNH Sat Feb 27..Final game of the regular season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

At UNH Sat Feb 27..Final game of the regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty amazing. I'm taking full credit because I only watched the third period and overtime. I surely didn't expect the game tier with the Nichols pulled. They were controlling the play in the last five minutes.

They really showed heart last night. Great last regular season game for Ferriss.

Reaction Score
Pretty amazing. I'm taking full credit because I only watched the third period and overtime. I surely didn't expect the game tier with the Nichols pulled. They were controlling the play in the last five minutes.

They really showed heart last night. Great last regular season game for Ferriss.
I'm taking none because I turned it off in disgust! Checked back later on line and was amazed at the comeback.

Reaction Score
A great win after a slow start. But it was a long drive back from Durham after the game.

Reaction Score
Do we have an injury update for Drake and Wight?
Wight hurt his shoulder a few games ago at the XL...Mike Anthony said he would be out indefinitely. I was wondering about Drake when I saw he didn't dress for the UNH series.

Reaction Score
Wight hurt his shoulder a few games ago at the XL...Mike Anthony said he would be out indefinitely. I was wondering about Drake when I saw he didn't dress for the UNH series.

We need Drake back to give us the steady presence on the blue line. If he's ready to play Friday I wonder which two defenseman sit out.

Reaction Score
Great win last night. I was at the game Friday night and wasn't to impressed with UNH they looked small and I thought there defenseman were horrible. A few of there forwards could scoot around and their PP was decent but overall they were an average team. Last night I had to admit I thought the game was over in the 2nd period. Character win for the Huskies !

Reaction Score
We need Drake back to give us the steady presence on the blue line. If he's ready to play Friday I wonder which two defenseman sit out.
One of Coach Cavs best coaching moves was to sit his co-captain #2 Pratt on defense last night. That was a long time coming but it had to be done. The other one to sit you take your pick Gendron,Huson, Kunnas? ?

Reaction Score
Huson has played well imo, last year he wasn't very good but this year he's been doing a good job. I say right now him, Drake, Austin and Masonius (even though he's inconsistent as hell) are our top4. After that it's kind of a crapshoot for the last 2 spots.

Reaction Score
My gut tells me Segalla is in there too (his physicality lends well vs. UNH but to be honest I haven't been able to follow his play as of late to make a great determination), I think it ultimately comes to Kunnas, Pratt and Gendron for the #6 spot, barring Drake can play.

Reaction Score
I phrased my last post incorrectly (can't edit it) but Segalla's physicality is welcomed on this team so I think you can pencil (not sharpee) him in vs. UVM.

Reaction Score
I phrased my last post incorrectly (can't edit it) but Segalla's physicality is welcomed on this team so I think you can pencil (not sharpee) him in vs. UVM.
I agree Segalla's skating and physical play is a must next weekend. I can see why people say his game is geared more towards the pro game.

Reaction Score
Segalla has really picked up his level of play since he has comeback from his suspension ...especially the past 4 games.

Reaction Score
Huson wasn't good last night against UNH - he moves to slow and plays way to soft for somebody 6"5" on a positive note its fun watching Tage Thompson tee one up on the PP when he gets that one timer in his wheel house.

Reaction Score
So small world, I show up with wife and friends to the game and lo and behold we are sitting in front of the 06111.
Gotta say this is right up there with the BC 1-0 win to open our first HE season. This may actually be better since being down 4-1 going into the third, tying with 1 min to go and winning with a couple to go in OT to host your first playoff series is pretty damn unbelievable. We're still in shock.

Dear god does having a dry arena suck though. Down 4-1 seemed like down 8-1...and as great as the win was I'd imagine it would be even better with a couple of cold ones going through my veins. Of course that may have led to arrests for over-celebration.

Reaction Score
Viking, I luckily went to treehouse and got some "Ma" 6.8% on the way up and had a few @ BRGR bar in Portsmouth b4 the game. Chugged one right B4 the game so I was feeling nice. You're right, pretty much evrn if not better than the BC game. The sweep, now 2-14. To silient the crowd on their ice and keep UNH winless @ home for the 2nd 1/2 of season.

The best part was seeing the video board and them already planning for UConn playing @ UNH March 4-6

Speaking of, if UConn moves on from UVM we unfortunately could play at another dry one playing Boston College @ the Conte Forum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Other than UML(#4), UConn did the best in the regular season when looking at state schools
#8 Connecticut. (We might have to start calling UConn Connecticut) for B1G
#9 Vermont
#10 New Hampshire
# 11 Maine
#12 Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics