At the end of the day, I like ND | The Boneyard

At the end of the day, I like ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Always liked them. They were on every Sunday morning (abridged version) while I was growing up. The announcers were huge ND homers. It was unbelievable. This was in the 60's before most of you guys were born. But they were on every Sunday for an hour, condensed version of the game. It was really thrillling. So, I'm kind of a closet ND homer. If I have to root for anyone, other than our Huskys, it's Notre Dame. And I'm not even Catholic.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah. Notre dame is great, really great...

...FOR ME TO POOP ON!
Triumph.jpg

Reaction Score
Always liked them. They were on every Sunday morning (abridged version) while I was growing up. The announcers were huge ND homers. It was unbelievable. This was in the 60's before most of you guys were born. But they were on every Sunday for an hour, condensed version of the game. It was really thrillling. So, I'm kind of a closet ND homer. If I have to root for anyone, other than our Huskys, it's Notre Dame. And I'm not even Catholic.
On one hand I respect them because they seem to treat the "STUDENT athlete" thing pretty seriously. That, to me, is hugely important. On the other hand, I think they just have such an unfair advantage with their special TV and bowl deals that I have a hard time getting around that from a "fairness" point of view. Couple that annoyance with the fact that they have drank HEAVILY from the Big East's teet for so long, while only doing the BARE MINIMUM in returning the favor with football games, they more than cancel out any goodwill I feel toward them for making sure their kids are legitimate students in addition to being athletes. Soooo, ultimately I want them to lose.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Gars I'm with you. My Brother The Domer was attending ND during the Lou Holtz era, and it got me hooked on college ball. Then the NFL went on strike and that was it for me. Now I only watch high school and college football. So my rooting order goes:

1. UConn
  2. Big East especially WVU
  3. ND unless they're playing UConn or another BE school.

Reaction Score
I guess I have the exact same order. I will probably stick with WV even if they go to the SEC. And always have a soft spot for old Big East teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom