OT: - AT&T vs Comcast? | The Boneyard

OT: AT&T vs Comcast?

Reaction Score
Hey guys
I don't know where to turn on this one, thought you might have opinions.

For many years now, we have had Comcast cable, and AT&T internet & home phone (Frontier). Of course they both want us to bundle everything, & I know it would be cheaper. I have considered it, but keep ending up in the same cycle...
1. change internet & home phone to Comcast so they have all 3 bundled...I am pleased with the channels we get and can see UConn 99% of the time. Their customer service somewhat sucks. It goes down a lot. Technician is working on restoring our cable right now (day 2).
2. change television to AT&T so they have all 3 bundled...and flounder about with channels, and worried I won't get UC games.

Any opinions?

Reaction Score
Hey guys
I don't know where to turn on this one, thought you might have opinions.

For many years now, we have had Comcast cable, and AT&T internet & home phone (Frontier). Of course they both want us to bundle everything, & I know it would be cheaper. I have considered it, but keep ending up in the same cycle...
1. change internet & home phone to Comcast so they have all 3 bundled...I am pleased with the channels we get and can see UConn 99% of the time. Their customer service somewhat sucks. It goes down a lot. Technician is working on restoring our cable right now (day 2).
2. change television to AT&T so they have all 3 bundled...and flounder about with channels, and worried I won't get UC games.

Any opinions?

why do you need a home phone? And for that matter, why do you need cable? just go with YTTV or Hulu and just drop comcast down to internet. That is what I do.

Reaction Score
why do you need a home phone? And for that matter, why do you need cable? just go with YTTV or Hulu and just drop comcast down to internet. That is what I do.
Because my other half wants them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
ATT sucks is a mantra that never lead me astray.

Reaction Score
For me YTTV costs the same as my cable TV bill. Additionally, when I tried it 6 months ago, the picture quality was considerably worse than my Comcast cable picture. Plus, the internet component of my bill would actually increase if I got rid of cable. Comcast provides the home phone free. So in Wallingford a comcast bundle is actually less than YTTV with comcast internet. Frontier can provide cheaper internet, but not close to enough bandwidth.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I finally got my wife to agree to drop our land line and cable TV (which she hardly watched anyway). To her surprise the world did not spin off its access.
Just did the same thing. The switch happens in a couple weeks. There may be a price to pay when she realizes she can't watch "Flee Market Flip" for like the 1000th time.

Reaction Score
I figured it would turn into a 'cut the cable' thread.

Reaction Score
I've had both Comcast and ATT. I don't have cable anymore, but between the two I personally felt ATT was better overall (both suck). Cable is what it is, I didn't see much difference between the two, but I thought the internet was noticeably better with ATT. Don't use Frontier.

For what it's worth I had Comcast living in Philly, and ATT living in Atlanta, so I'm not sure if that factors into it at all.

Reaction Score
If you stream I'd go with comcast.you can use your own quality modem.important

Reaction Score
I've had both Comcast and ATT. I don't have cable anymore, but between the two I personally felt ATT was better overall (both suck). Cable is what it is, I didn't see much difference between the two, but I thought the internet was noticeably better with ATT. Don't use Frontier.
Thanks Greedo!

Reaction Score
i'd never ever "cut the cord." love my xfinity DVR. how else can you record and watch games all day while WFH?? but the home phone thing is so 1990s my 96 year old grandmother doesnt even have a landline anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i'd never ever "cut the cord." love my xfinity DVR. how else can you record and watch games all day while WFH?? but the home phone thing is so 1990s my 96 year old grandmother doesnt even have a landline anymore.

Those streaming services have a dvr.

Reaction Score
Yeah I can't cut the cord. For us it doesn't make any sense. With what we have it would only cost marginally less.

Reaction Score
Those streaming services have a dvr.
fair enough. but the only way to get peacock with a samsung smart tv is through xfinity. no other way to watch all the premier league games that i'm aware off.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If you have both available in your area I feel like that's a luxury. Make them gravel over you.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
fair enough. but the only way to get peacock with a samsung smart tv is through xfinity. no other way to watch all the premier league games that i'm aware off.
Peacock is available on Roku now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because my other half wants them.

Same. Just go with Xfinity. It’s fine. They have upgraded their apps and ease of use, and their mesh pods are incredibly easy to set up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom