At least six college basketball programs will be notified of major NCAA violations by this summer... | The Boneyard

At least six college basketball programs will be notified of major NCAA violations by this summer...

Reaction Score

>>At least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive Notices of Allegations for Level I violations from the NCAA by the summer, stemming from the federal government's recently completed investigation of the sport, a top NCAA official told CBS Sports.

Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.

The remaining four would be rolled out later in the summer in what was described as a wave of NCAA investigations meant to clean up major-college basketball.

"There's even another group of cases that we're still working on," Wilcox said. "The main thing is that we're up and ready. We're moving forward and you'll see consequences."<<

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m waiting for it.

“UConn wins it’s 5th NC with an 13 point victory over College of Charleston. UConn finished the regular season 22-15 but was the highest ranked team not barred from post season play (a group consisting of every P5 and Big East program plus half the AAC and BYU) and earned the #1 seed. After a close tussle with Vermont in the final four, UConn cruised to the championship.”

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Louisville, LSU, Arizona, Kansas have to be in there. That would be an NCAA-style move, as it would hit some of the big boys but the golden geese (Duke, UK, UNC) are untouched.

None of it matters. These programs will still reel in top 10 classes without missing a beat. It’s mind boggling

Reaction Score
I’m waiting for it.

“UConn wins it’s 5th NC with an 13 point victory over College of Charleston. UConn finished the regular season 22-15 but was the highest ranked team not barred from post season play (a group consisting of every P5 and Big East program plus half the AAC and BYU) and earned the #1 seed. After a close tussle with Vermont in the final four, UConn cruised to the championship.”
Or:
UNC defeated Louisville for the National Championship on Monday. It was a game of firsts. The Tarheels featured the NCAA’s first team of admitted non-students. Louisville was the first team of professionals to play for the NCAA title but were literally caught with their pants down when the UL cheerleaders, also professionals, decided to ply their trade with less than 2 minutes to go. UConn the undefeated regular season team was banned from the tournament for playing within the rules and succeeding.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Some schools are just untouchable, which makes the NCAA a toothless paper tiger, unless you are UConn.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Emmert and five of his stooges should totally do the hat thing to announce which six schools are selected. Set up hats from a dozen different schools in front of each of them and they can each hem and haw about which hat to wear before making their final selections.

Maybe they can name potential selections and then eliminate a few each week with a different Instagram post.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I bet Alabama St, McNeese St, Western Maine Lumberjack School, Southwestern Idaho Tech, and Oregon Catholic U really broke the rules and needed a recruiting advantage.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Goes without saying we’re not going to be involved...Right?

Reaction Score
Some schools are just untouchable, which makes the NCAA a toothless paper tiger, unless you are UConn.

Normally I agree with this, but I believe because of the involvement of that three letter organization, it is my opinion that the NCAA will come down on the schools and the P5 cartel will have to look away and take it up the arse on this one

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
5 schools

UConn, for their failing APR scores from 2010

Houston, Samson sent a text to a 22 year old female volleyball player

Memphis, too high a recruiting class

Vandy, somebody from the SEC had to go down

UNC Wilmington, as punishment for UNC's violations

Reaction Score
I hope your right ha, it would be a first in the current climate of power the p5 has.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Sean Miller must be a terrible coach. Dude had hi$ pick of the litter landing just about every future nba lottery pick from the west coast for the last decade and still couldn’t win in March.

Reaction Score
Cal Tech gonna get hammered as a 2 time offender. Heard they gave a player $6 this time

Reaction Score

>>Those expected to be in the crosshairs and face the most significant penalties include: Louisville, North Carolina State, Kansas, Arizona, LSU, USC, Oklahoma State, South Carolina and Auburn. TCU, Creighton and Clemson all also had assistant coaches implicated in the scandal and could face sanctions.<<

Reaction Score
If they don't get the death penalty, no one will. Getting caught in a pay to play scandal while on probation for providing hookers to kids? C'mon!

Yea, but hookers were available to everyone. Or is that another program? Oh well.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Louisville lacks the egalitarian generosity of UNC. The hookers were only provided to players and recruits.
And in at least one case, a recruit's father, I seem to recall.

Reaction Score
Yea, but hookers were available to everyone. Or is that another program? Oh well.

What!? Can't use hookers to recruit 17 year-old minors for a basketball program. Coach Cal would be shocked. I remember looking out the window of a friend's dorm at UMass on a road trip watching a limo pull-up to another dorm and it wasn't a $5 Domino's plain cheese pie being dropped-off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom